Chapter 2

"Chloe, dear?"

"Yes, Miss Stern?" I smile at the blonde Android standing idly before me. "Bring me scotch, neat." It obediently nods its head. "Right away, Damira."

It clicks its heels on the gleaming marble tiles, and shortly the noises grow faint as it heads toward the bar. Left alone sitting in the bedroom, random thoughts claws their way into my head. Kamski must've had a lot of fun running this company. The perks are very pleasing.

The clicking returns on the tiles, becoming progressively louder.

"Here's your scotch." The android swings around the bed, handing over the filled glass. It stands to wait after I take it from Chloe's grip. "Reports?" The LED blinks light gold and processes information intensely. "Well?"

"The RK800 has been dumped into the river and nobody has caught sight of the agents. New models are now being built by the team as we speak."

Gazing out of the window, I take a small sip of scotch. "And the RK900?"

It stares at the ground with the LED flickering. "They've acquired the blueprints already, the leftover experts are currently working away at it. We only have the original at the moment." I drank another mouthful of alcohol, refusing to look at the Android. "You're dismissed."

The robot mechanically strolls out of the room and shuts the door behind it. I slowly rise from my bed to turn to the balcony. Rain softly showers over the glass while droplets glide across the thin transparent barrier. From this, all that can be seen are fuzzy outlines of basic buildings and clustered aged trees. 

CyberLife's view from the top of the building was one of my favourites. To myself I have the top two highest floors for my personal needs while the other floors strictly belongs to development and research. Of course, the government allowed the building to remain to establish as a historical landmark to represent the origin of androids. 

Mostly to appeal to the general public, Kamski decided to abandon the building and terminate CyberLife's android production. Shortly after, CyberLife was turned into a warehouse for parts and blue-blood. We can't shut down all of it, otherwise, the androids wouldn't be able to function. 

Being handed the keys to these doors brought hope and towers of plans for the future to me. For once, I feel that I had the opportunity to build on myself, and that somebody actually believed in me. He was always there for me when my mother was not. And now receiving this gift? There are so many things I can do. 

Amanda would be proud of me. She's been gone from half of my life so far. It feels too ordinary without her around. I guess not everybody can have everything. Not everybody. 

Elijah built the balcony for me if I needed time outside. In honesty, the design is like being trapped in a snow globe or a glass box. I knew I couldn't blame him, it was because of the harsh wind from being up so high.

There are many places I haven't explored in the building yet. From what I found, there is a spa, indoor pool, a gym and a star-gazing lounge which has a personal bar.

The lounge had glass covering the whole ceiling, elegant to look at. Whenever it was snowing, the androids were always cleaning it off so it wouldn't rise up. Now that it's raining, it's not much of a bother.

If there is too much light, the buttons to change the lighting are on parts of the couches. Very convenient.

That's where I always find myself when I couldn't sleep at times. Especially when I'm stressed from the crushing work of being the CEO.

It's only been a few weeks in this place and, I've somewhat gotten comfortable. CyberLife has close to everything inside, yet, I still find a bit of difficulty to adjust.