Chapter 14: Edwards

Comenzar desde el principio

❞Catherine...❞ He whispered and waggled his eyes.

I shut my eyes for a moment, ❞I'm not coming with you.❞ I repeated once again.

A lopsided grin appeared on his face. ❞It's the Lorenzo guy, isn't it?❞

I rushed pass him quickly, the sound of my heels getting louder and louder. I called an uber and looked at James one more time before I sat myself into the car. He stood with his hands in his pockets and looked my way. He didn't make a move, he just stood there as he still expected me to run into his arms. But I didn't.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

❞Catherine?❞ Lorenzo said as he opened the door.

❞Thank God you're still here.❞ I hugged him immediately.

He was caught in surprise, but he hugged me back. ❞Ofcourse, I wouldn't leave without telling you.❞ He said, ❞Come in, are you okay?❞ He pulled away, looking at me.

I walked in and sat down on the couch while he closed the door. He rushed to me and sat down beside me, his ocean eyes piercing through me as he looked into mine.

❞Catherine, are you okay?❞ He repeated again.

❞Just hold me.❞ I sobbed, before I found myself in his arms.

I inhaled his soft, clean scent and shut my eyes. He caressed my back, making circles with his gentle fingers. I felt his other hand caress my hair softly, making me melt into his touch. I felt warm, safe and protected. This was exactly where I wanted to be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, 10:15 p.m.

I groaned as I stretched my entire body. I let my eyes remain closed, enjoying the comfort of the soft matress and the fresh scent I happened to inhale as soon as I woke up. This wasn't the scent I usually woke up to, it hit me. I opened my eyes and sat up, looking around. I realized I was in an even bigger bedroom than my own. I slowly got up, realizing my dress was up to above my hips and immediately fixed it. I noticed a mirror right in front of the bed and that was when I realized that my hair was a complete mess. I tried to fix it as much as I could, I took out every little accessory that I didn't even notice when I was sleeping in Lorenzo's comfortable bed.

I walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs, catching a sight of Lorenzo drinking coffee and doing something on his computer at the kitchen table. I smiled, taking in the sight of the beautiful man at the kitchen table. His stubble was growing out, his eyes were still a little puffy, which indicated that he probably woke up not so long ago either.

❞Good morning.❞ I said as I approached him.

I got his attention immediately as I said it. He looked me up and down until he met my eyes. I was still wearing the dress from last night and my hair was released, my big curls falling down to the middle of my back. But I wasn't feeling insecure, the opposite actually. How Lorenzo looked at me made me feel like the most beautiful woman on this earth.

❞Good morning.❞ He replied with a smile. ❞Here, I made you some tea.❞ He stood up to go and get it.

I sat down at the table. His house was so clean and lovely, a beautiful home. The kitchen floor glistened, I could see my own reflection in it. Lorenzo sat back down as he handed me my tea and I thanked him.