OO2. Night before Tragedy

Start from the beginning

Yona's POV

Soo-won. My kind friend that usually stays beside me since childhood.

"You are as energetic as always, Princess Yona. Why's the rush?" Ask Soo-won politely with his fond voice.

"I-I heard you had arrived, so I came to meet you." I answered, managing to not stuttered more than I want to avoid.

"My, what a good girl~" he pats me on my head, ultimately making my cheeks as red as my hair.

"Y-you'll stay around longer this time, right?" I ask while keeping my heart beats controlled.

"Of course! I came to celebrate your birthday in a week after all. Wow. You're going to be sixteen years old! You really have grown." Soo-won adored, then petted my head once more.

As I opened my mouth to speak once more, but he beat me to it.

"So, where are Emperor Il and Hak? I must look for them!" Soo-won ran off before I could grasp his sleeves.

Yet again, the blonde hair never acknowledge my feelings towards him. Years and years of it, growing as each second pass, yet it doesn't seem to reach his attention

"He treats me like a child, like a child, like a child!" I sigh in frustration.

Looking down at my clothes, my pout scrunched even more, "I've even perfumed my clothes with the finest incense all morning, and applied the highest lotion and makeup."

"All that hard work has gone to waste." 

Hak mumbled from behind while eating a Manjuu.

"Be quite you! It's none of your business!" I smack his hand.

'Stupid Soo-won.'

To Soo-won, I'm still the same as I was back then— back when I was a child. Since my mother passed away, he's been the only one that kindly stays beside me, and support me when I feel lonely.

You are my most special one.