OO9. Phantom Village

-', 𝗣𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗢𝗠 𝗩𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗔𝗚𝗘ˎˊ˗❱˚ the wanderer : 旅がらす ! ˚ˑؘ

❱˚ the wanderer : 旅がらす ! ˚ˑؘ

3rd Person's POV

"You're becoming quite a master, huh?" Yun said while helping Rei cooked the bird they caught, "At archery posture, I mean."

"Really?" Yona exclaimed in obvious joy.

The dark-haired girl snickered, "I didn't think you would sneakily watch on us like a stalker, Yun, especially at night."

"I w-wasn't!"

Rei caught the ladle that Yun subconsciously threw at her in trying to wipe off the teasing smirk on her face. Yet the scene quickly rise to panic when boiling hot drop of soup flew around with it, eventually making contact with Rei's face, making her shriek. 

Yun, realizing what he did, scurry around the place in search of cloth and water to sooth her burning face. Still, he did not forget to scold the girl for mocking him— and saying that it was technically her fault for threatening him to throw things at her.

The princess could only watch helplessly as the chaos played out.

She chuckled as Rei childishly stuck her tongue out at Yun, "Can you use the bow, Yun?"

"When it comes to hunting, I use traps. That doesn't mean I don't know how to use the bow, though." The peach-haired boy pinched Rei's cheek one last time before he went back to check on their food.

"If I'm going to use it half-heartedly," he stirred it with a smaller ladle, "then it's better to not have a weapon."

"Eh?"

Rei sigh as she get a glimpse of where the conversation might be going on. She wipe off her wet face— just been washing it to soothe the burn— before sitting back down with them.

"He's probably talking about not being able to kill someone."

Yona turn to Rei as she remember the words last night, taking notice of the change in her expression.

"You and Hak said it can be for self-defense," Yun gesture his head towards Rei, who had a towel-cloth around her neck, "But for those with no strength like us, can we be in a situation where we don't show any sympathy on the battlefield?"