two.

it had been exactly one day since hyejin send the letters out, which means that they might have read it already..
i haven't slept, i was too busy wondering what to say when they show up in front of my house.

i turned my phone off, to prevent getting bombarded with text messages and calls all at once.

'oh my god miyeon i told you i'm sorry! i didn't know you were this serious about those letters!' my sister said while grabbing something to drink.
i sighed and layed my head down on the counter.
'maybe it won't be that bad after all.' my bestfriend said while trying to cheer me up.

'how could it be good? those letters are way too embarrasing!' i whined.
'maybe you're lucky and they like you too..?' hyejin tried.
'that would be even worse, because i only like one of them.' i said.

'well what are you going to do when they come here?' naeun asked me.
i walked up to the front door and locked it.
'nobody's home today.' i said while sitting back down.
'don't be silly! you can't run from this forever.' hyejin said while unlocking the door again.

'if you didn't send them out none of this would have happened!' i said.
'look miyeon, i'm sorry.' hyejin said and hugged me.
'i never had bad intentions.' she finished.
i sighed.
'i know.. i'm just overreacting.' i said.

'well lucky for us, we have no school today, so they won't get here till noon.' naeun said while smiling.
'not helpi-' i started, but i was unable to finish my sentence because of the doorbell that rang.
'i'll get it.' hyejin said while walking towards the door.

when she opened the door i heard a familiar voice.
'is miyeon home?'

na jaemin.

hyejin looked at me and i shook my head.
'yeah, come in.' she said and jaemin stepped inside the house.

my heart was beating so fast, and i got into panic mode when i saw him holding the letter.

'miyeon can i talk to you?' he asks while standing in the middle of the living room.
'y-yeah.. ofcourse.' i say while avoiding eye contact with him.
'alone?' he asks again.
'sure.' i say while standing up, and i lead him to the backyard.

we both sit down on the lounge set located in the garden.
'so..' i begin while still avoiding eye contact.
'do you mean it?' he asks.
'the letter?' he finishes shortly after.

'yeah, but you weren't supposed to read that.' i say quietly while fidgeting with my fingers.
'miyeon, look at me.' he says while grabbing my hand.
i look at him and he flashes me his bright smile.
'i'm glad i know, because i like you too.'

wait what?

i was quiet for a while, how do i tell him i moved on?

'listen jaemin, that letter is from a long time ago and-' i begin, but he interrupted me.
'so you don't like me?' he said while his smile slowly faded away.
i nodded softly and he let go of my hand.
'it's alright, i'll win you over again.' he says while giving me a kiss on my cheek.

i started to blush a little, well.. a little..
i heard jaemin giggle.
'thanks for letting me know miyeon.' he says while standing up.
'oh and this isn't over yet. i'll make you mine.' he finishes with a wink before going back home.

i was still sitting there in the backyard, while my cheeks were still bright red.
'i can't believe he likes you too and you just rejected him!' hyejin said while sitting next to me.
'i mean look at his face!' she yelled.
meanwhile naeun sat down on the other side of me.
'have you been eavesdropping on our conversation?!' i ask with widened eyes.
'what?? ..nooo!' she lied.
'oh my god hyejin.' i said.

i actually didn't know how to feel about what just happened between me and jaemin.
and i knew i had 6 more boys to explain to.

oh my, how am i even going to survive this?