We set to making dinner in the kitchen, my mom's classical music flowing in from her station on iTunes Radio.

"Smells good in here," dad commented, coming in from work.

"It's Sheperd's Pie," mom informed him.

"With meat?" dad asked.

"Half and half for our Sophie of course," mom said, reaching over to swat him with a dish towel. "What kind of mother do you think I am?"

Dad leaned across the counter and planted a kiss on her lips.

"Gross," I complained. "Take that somewhere else would you?"

"Let me go change and I'll help out," dad said, with a laugh.

"You can't help," I complained. "You two will just be all romantic and gross."

"You mean like this?" dad asked, coming around the counter and taking mom in his arms.

She let out a squeal as he danced with her around the kitchen in tune to her classical music.

I let out a sigh, but was unable to keep the smile off my face.

"And dip!" my dad announced, dipping her back.

My mom kicked her leg up into the air, giggling all the while.

My dad lifted her back up right to his lips.

"Okay," I said, covering my eyes. "Too far!"

They both laughed, my mom kissing his cheek. "Go change and I might let you help Sophie with the biscuits."

Dad peeked over my shoulder. "She looks like she might need it."

"Jerk!" I called out after him.

~*~

"So I got you a present," Bryce informed me.

We were sitting on my bedroom floor, our Chemistry books spread out in front of us.

"A present?" I asked, my eyebrows shooting up and a smile spreading across my face.

"Well okay, let me explain," he said, and I couldn't help but shake my head.

When a sentence started off like that, it always included the baseball team.

"The guys with girlfriends on the team got their girls jerseys," he explained. "But I made yours a little special."

"You got me a jersey?"

He reached into his backpack and handed me a wrapped present.

"You even wrapped it?" I asked, laughing as I tore off the wrapping paper.

"Of course," he said, indignantly. "Would you expect anything less?"

"Of course not dear."

I shook out the jersey, letting it fall open. It was blue and white striped, the colors of the team's away jerseys.

The front was a button down and had our team name across it, the Panthers.

On the back was Bryce's number, and across the top read Bryce's Girl.

"It's okay if you hate it," Bryce added.

"I don't," I promised, with a smile. "I think it's cute."

"Promise?"

"I promise." I reached over and gave him a quick kiss. "Although I'm not sure I want to match Janice and Britney."

"And Trinity," he added.