Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Marsha's pov

"Marsha, are you sure you will be okay with them?" Darry asked.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO 

Darry and Sodapop had to go to work. So I would have to spend the day with Ponyboy, Dallas, and Twobit.

"Yes Dar its fine" I said shooing him out the door.

"ok but call me if you need anything"

"Ok have fun at work" I called out to him.

"I don't i will but thanks. Bye"

"Bye"

I stepped back inside the house to see all the guys looking at me. I looked back at them then went to the kitchen to clean up.  I was washing the dishes when the boys came in. I looked at them skeptical before going back to cleaning the dishes. One of them faked a cough to catch my attention. I turned around and looked at them until they said something. But nothing came out of them.

"What!?!?"

"What are we doing today?"

"I don't know and i don't care"

"come on, there has to be something you want to do"

i had to think about that one. What did i want to do? This is my chance of freedom and I don't even know what i want to do.

"The question is what is there to do?" I asked

"there's bowling"

"golfing"

"the movies"

"the park"

"the circus is in town"

"the water park"

"amusement park"

"The-"

"Wait did you say the circus?" I asked

"yep"

"oh great let's go"

I've never been to a circus before. I always wanted to but my parents were always busy with work. I always hear kids talking about it. How the clowns look, the tricks the tigers and elephants do, the canon, the gymnastic people, and most importantly their popcorn. I walked out of the room and put on a pink skirt and a white blouse. I put my flats on and walked back into the living room where the boys were.

"I'm ready"

*

When got out tickets for the circus and walked in. We sat down on the bleachers and waited for the show to start. The place started getting crowed. I looked around until something caught my eye. I saw a man in a red shirt, handing out popcorn. My eyes instantly lit up.

"You want popcorn?" I looked to my left and saw Twobit looking where I was a second ago.

"oh no it's fine" I lied.

"hey popcorn boy, a bag of popcorn please" Twobit say ignoring me. He handed the kid money and got the popcorn, then handed it to me.

"I said I was fine" I said taking it.

"I know. But you were practically drooling." He chuckled.

"Thanks" I said smiling.

I took a piece of the popcorn and slowly put it in my mouth. I couldn't help but to moan in delight. I was way better then movie popcorn. It wasn't to buttery or to salty. It was just right.

Lights started flashing around and the sounds of drums were surrounding us. I looked around and people started clapping. So I'm guessing its about to start. I hear a tigers roar. I looked to my right and see tigers in cages. But what really caught my eye was the snow tiger. It was beautiful. White beautiful fur surrounded by strips of black fur.

"She beautiful isn't she?" I looked at Twobit once again and see he was looking right back at me.

"yeah" I said reaching in to get more popcorn. But i didn't feel the popcorn texture. I felt a smooth hand instead. I looked down to see the hand and then the owner of the hand. I looked up to meet a pair of blue eyes.