Part 32- Moving in

IT'S SPRING BREAK LETS DO THIS. (Publishing the day before I go back I am a pitiful being)

-

It's amazing how easily your life can change without you even knowing. Whether it be bad or good, you never realize it until it's too late. Some spiral down, others out of control, yet there's that one that seems to grow on you life a vine. Surely it'll suck the life out of you one day, but at least you have something supporting you for now.

"Give me the keys!"

"You're an irritating child."

You puffed your cheeks and sat down. There was no real reason you wanted them. Honestly, you just wanted to look around the old shed but since Mr. Snappy is being so rude, why not pester him?

"Old grandpa." You rolled your eyes.

"Stop insulting me in that empty head of yours and go back to the others." Sonic saw it in your expression.

"Buut...I wanted to talk to you before I went into work today," You brushed off his order. . "It's been a few days, am I not allowed to see you?"

There was no rejecting remark to follow. Instead the raven sat on a box you motioned to.
Today wasn't necessarily a moving day but you are going to be staying with him and his parents for the time being. Though the both of you have already discussed it only briefly, you both agreed that you'd move in quietly with Sonic. The idea itself wasn't bad because it was only temporary, yet, wasn't ideal either. You had only exchanged feelings very subtly since that night. It's been roughly at most two months since everything. Sure, it is all being done out of care and most of all guaranteed protection, but it did leave an uneasy feeling. Since it was him who offered it, it didn't feel as if you were barging in. But still. To say this had nothing to do with feelings and was just for protection, does that even make sense in this situation?

There was silence between the both of you. It wasn't awkward nor heavy. It often feels off-putting but you care for him as he does for you even if it doesn't show on surface.
"Is this what people mean when they say "it's complicated?" Your mind drifted.

"Is this what you wanted?" Sonic grumbled lowly, appearing restless to get back to training.

"It's peaceful isn't it? You deserve a break ever once in a while ya know."

His frown deepened. "With the way things are looking that is as good as impossible. You won't be saying the same thing later."

"I'm not telling you to stop worrying, but you can't focus only on the negatives. For how long do you want to taint every good moment with tour overthinking?" You pat his hand in yours. "Right now, do you wish to darken this memory too?"

Sonic didn't answer right away but that was expected. He's always been distant toward other people and let alone emotions, he's fairly new to them all even if it's been a few months. In the end you understood where he was coming from but didn't think of it often because of how scary it was.

"For now on, I will come to you so do not come looking for me." he began stern as always but began thinking. "When you get back, we can watch a movie."

"Hold on there partner, you sound like a drug dealer what's going on?"

"I'll be in the mountains for a few days. Watch over Inoshishi until I return." He replied easily as if scripted.

"Okay but only if-"

"You're not getting the key to the shed."

"OH COME ON PLEASE!"