Part 24- Unexpected

"So Mar couldn't make it, huh?"

The nervous boy removed the short brown bang of hair that covered his eye. "Yeah, she didn't have anymore vacation days." he shyly chuckled.

You give somewhat of a smile. "I'll send her some of the cookies that we made so she won't feel like we forgot about her."

"I helped with the sprinkles!" Saitama exclaimed raising from his seat, reaching for the cookies you let him decorate.

He wouldn't stop bugging you about it so you just let him have at it. He also wouldn't stop messing with the dinner so this was to keep him from it.

Julian giggled and put the box that no one knew he held on the table.

"I almost forgot, I made the cake I was talking about. My mom owns a bakery so I get access to that kind of stuff." he says happily showing the perfectly designed cake.

Genos gasped in amazement.

"I didn't know you knew how to bake Julian-kun!" he says excitedly holding both of Julian's hands. "Your skills are amazing."

Julian was startled by his sudden actions, his face turning bright red from the contact.

"Thank you Genos, t-that means a lot to me...." he says shyly looking away.

"Can you teach me too? I nearly killed us all trying to help (Y/N) with the baking." Saitama pointing at you with his thumb.

You choked on a the cookie you were eating and Genos laughed remembering his Sensei's mistake.

Just thinking that if no one was paying attention, these cookies would be poisonous.

"Anytime, Saitama." the boy agreed then ate one of the cookies.
"You're a great baker, (Y/N)!"

There was still bits of the cookie stuck in your wind pipe so you were still coughing every few seconds.

"They hELped t-too." you got past.

Julian patted you in the back. "Are you okay?"

Genos also rose and patted you on the back handing you a water bottle.

You took the water and drank it like your life depended on it, spilling it on your pants/skirt.

Sonic was so busy glaring at Julian the whole time that he didn't notice you almost pass out until Julian touched you. He lowly growled to himself before going over to help assist.

"Aww, your pants/skirt got wet, hold on." Julian says getting a paper towel and giving it to you.

You dried yourself off the best you could. Both Saitama and Genos were adding on paper towels until your were covered in them.

"Alright."

They kept giving you more you.

"ALIGHT!" you say louder. Genos and Saitama laughing sheepishly.

"Sorry (Y/N)." they both said, Genos adding -san.

All the used paper towels fell to the ground where there was a lot more water.

The kind cyborg began to pick up the trash while Saitama pretended he didn't see it and started eating cake.

You and Julian also got down and helped him by drying up the water with a near towel.

"Go ahead and go change,
(Y/N)-san." Genos told you with his natural smile. "We will get the rest."

Ignoring his offer, you finish your half of cleaning anyways. "Okay, now I'll go change." you assure Genos after he huffed.