Part 28- Fast healing

"I thought it would be a good idea for you to see a familiar face other than mine, since you left and all..."

You rolled your eyes seeing where this was going. But when you did, Grey's face all of a sudden lit up.

"Plus look at this adorable and winsome face!" He pulled Izaya over to him and pinched his cheeks. "There's no way I could say no!"

Despite the annoying large flying objects missing their target and almost crushing you, you didn't mind him being around.
Because he was your brother's closest friend that always stuck around, Izaya was like your uncle. Shizuo was also but was more interested in trying to catch his hated friend.

The slick brown eyed man chuckled at the grandmother like actions. "Stop that, you'll ruin my beautiful face!" he laughed.
When Grey finally stopped, Izaya fixed his attention to you.

"So how's my favorite human doing on her own, hmm?" he said as he played with strands of your hair.

"Fine...." you trail off with less than half a smile. He pulled your hair at the short and casual answer.

"Ow! Hey-"

"Why haven't you been answering your brother's calls?!"

You blinked. "About that...."

"We were so worried about you!" He hugged you for the millionth time since he arrived. "In fact I miss you so much I might faint...." he said as if getting dizzy.

"Calm down, we can go for a walk if you'd like. To get some fresh air-"

"Alright sounds cool!" he said automatically feeling better and throwing up a peace sign to the others before walking out.
You wanted to slap yourself for getting tricked by his acting but followed close behind in shame.

Everyone else went about their business after the small greet. Your curly haired friend had dozed off during the back stories.
"Tatsu!" you scream in her ear making her jump out of her seat. Once she was aware of her surroundings she rubbed her eyes.

"What is it?" she yawned.

"Me and Grey are going out for a bit." you say as you grab your keys. "Watch over the children until I get back."

She stood and cracked her knuckles. "Don't worry, Mama Tatsu has everything is under control!"

As soon as the door shut all that could be heard was plates breaking and screams of terror from the outside. You bit your tongue to avoid forbidden words.

Grey, you, and Izaya took a long walk through the city. They discussed new things of Q City and new info of the family. Izaya had tagged along claiming that the green short girl scared him, which you didn't blame him.
Once the destination of the ice cream store was made, the two began to all of a sudden throw questions toward you.

"So are you living okay by yourself?" Grey asked as he ate his ice cream, Izaya ready for a plain answer so he could kick you.

You slowly nodded. "Pretty good actually. Though I'm never really alone."

The dull haired male acted as if he ignored your answer. "Did you get the invitations Mom sent you? It's for Stacy's."

"Invitations?" You curiously tilt your head. " Is everything alright?"

"Well you see...." Grey began sadly. "She's...."

"-getting married!"

You dropped your cup.
"Married?!"

"Yes!" Izaya confirmed. "Paul has finally asked her after three years!"

You punched Grey's shoulder. "Why'd you take so long to answer!"