➤ 12. TFP!Ratchet x Reader (Night Series)

Prompt: "You should be in bed."
Word Count: 3k
Warnings: Thunderstorm?? Good ol' fluff

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

As nice as it was for Ratchet to have dropped me home in the evening, it was rather unfortunate due to the immediate downpour that ensued the moment I stepped foot inside. The downpour paired nicely with bouts of thunder and cracks of lightning every so often, the sounds surprisingly soothing to my ears.

At first, Ratchet was against the idea of having a charge. I spent several weeks feeling like a burden, getting rides to and from the Autobot base in his ambulance altmode.

Eventually, he put his annoyance with humans aside and finally managed to strike up a conversation with me that didn't involve a jab at my life or hobbies. It was nice, actually.

Now that I'd known him for almost six months, I'd come to enjoy the grumpy doctor's presence. I actually enjoyed listening to him complain and even put up with his grumbling as he worked on something new at base. Sometimes it felt like I was getting somewhere with him. Taking down those walls he held so high around him.

Speaking of, Ratchet was lucky to find a place to park his altmode for the night. He wasn't going anywhere in this storm, and I was adamant against that. He'd already tried to convince me he was needed at base, but I knew better. They could do without him for one night.

For an hour or so, I had opted to curl up on the couch with a blanket, but the lack of warmth and someone to talk to was getting on my nerves. Ratchet was probably attempting to recharge outside in the cold when he could just stay in here in his holoform.

Getting him to do so would be hard. However, he was such a mother-hen that I quickly devised a plan to get him inside and make him stay with me. If I ran out into the rain to join him, he'd force me back inside by any means. And if I had to endure his role as doctor for the night due to my idiotic plan, then that was fine by me.

Grabbing a hoodie from my wardrobe, I pulled it over my head and put up the hood, making for the front door of my house. With my parents away on a holiday to Fiji and school out for the holidays, the house was empty and made it all the easier to bring Ratchet inside without my parents or my annoying little sister asking questions.

After admiring the harsh downpour for a few seconds, I proceeded to sprint out into the rain, shutting the door behind me as I followed the footpath down the road. Underneath an overpass, Ratchet was parked in between a clump of trees and clearly saw me coming as he flicked on his headlights, nearly bloody blinding me.

"Y/N! What in the name of Primus are you doing??" His door opened just in time for me to climb into his altmode, wrapping my arms around me as I shivered from the cold. It hadn't taken long for the rain to completely soak through my hoodie and dampen my shirt.

"I got lonely inside so I came out to see you," I managed to give my excuse, brushing my now damp hair out of my face.

He gave an audible sigh, the lights inside his altmode dimming. "I see. But I can't keep you warm out here all night. And you'll be more comfortable inside."

Toying with my hands, I let the sheepish smile come to my face. "Well... will you come inside with me and stay the night? Please?"

The silence inside the ambulance was almost deafening. As far as I knew, I could be pushing him to do something he didn't want to do. He'd certainly become more accommodating in the past months, but his socialization with me had been purely beneficial so far. Mutually, due to the fact I spent so much time at base, and that he preferred to be on good terms with his charge whom he had to spend several hours with at a time.