➤ 3. Bee and Rose (Bayverse)

Prompt: Nighttime Routine
Word Count: 1.8k
Requested By: EmmaMartiny
Warnings: None

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Today hadn't necessarily been the busiest but it was still mentally tiring. The Dinobots had returned to Cybertron, taking their babies with them. This left me without my little baby robots to take care of, although I had inherited Freya and Bulldog from Edmund. Jimmy was currently dealing with Bulldog since the old Transformer was having another of his episodes. He had still had his 'robot amnesia' as Cogman put it.

"Cogman, did you put Freya to bed?"

The Staffordshire Bull Terrier normally slept in her doggie bed in the main lounge, since it was warmer in there. But tonight, she was hanging around me, like she wanted to sleep in my bed tonight.

"No, Master Cade opted to take up the role."

The Cybertronian butler usually took care of Freya, seeing as she was more acquainted with him than with the new members of the household. But Cade was missing Tessa at the moment, and he'd been spending more time with the dog, especially when he was working in the study on a new invention. Freya would lie across his feet and keep him company while he worked.

"Alright. Is-Is there anything I should be doing right now?"

It was late, almost 10 PM. For the past few weeks, since Sam, Cade, Izabella, Jimmy and I moved into Castle Folgan, I'd doubted my part of the household. It felt strange, living in such a large castle after years of being on the run. Only the finest was served here, courtesy of Cogman's culinary skills.

I was so used to being on the run, constantly avoiding capture, that it was odd to have someone looking after me. Someone cooking, cleaning, watching over the household. And while I appreciated what Cogman did for us, I still felt the need to help out wherever I could.

"No, my lady, there are no tasks that need to be fulfilled. Your husband, however, may need attending to," Cogman muttered, growing rather grumpy as he pointed towards the front door of Castle Folgan.

"What's he done now?"

I knew he was speaking of Bee, who had a knack for getting into some kind of trouble with Cogman. The robot butler wasn't fond of him, not at all.

"He's been sparring with Hot Rod again, completely destroying our front lawn."

Dammit. I'd spoken to Bee about that before, since his practice matches against Hot Rod tended to get a little heated. "I'll speak to him when he comes inside. Have you seen Sam?"

Cogman just shrugged, which was a little amusing. He could switch from professional butler to moody robot with anger issues in seconds. "I did see Lady Izabella and her small associate pass by earlier on. They may have been sneaking off to see Bulldog."

Good. They would hopefully be caught by Jimmy since he was already out there. "I'm sure Jimmy will bring them back in time for lights out. Now, I have a rambunctious man to deal with."

I headed towards the front doors of the castle, just to hear the familiar purr of Bee's engine pull up alongside the angrily idling Lamborghini. As I opened the doors, Bee engaged his holoform, grinning at me. His clothes were covered in dirt and lawn clippings, as was his altmode. "You, are disgusting. Go take a shower."

Hot Rod snickered from within his altmode, which didn't go unnoticed. "You too, Rod. You're both covered in muck." The Lamborghini drove down the dirt pathway to the back of the castle, but Bee didn't follow.