12. The Accident

Coming back into her bedroom, Demi face plants into the warm plus bed. This wasn't a good idea and the baby in her growing womb made sure to kick his mother in her rib to let her know.

"You good?" Trey asks, looking up from his phone. He furrows his eyebrows in concern while Demi gets back up.

"So Kelsey called and told me that the opening act canceled." Demi screams into the mattress, surprisingly causing vibration on Trey's side. She nearly throws up but takes a deep breath.

"I was thinking." Trey starts.

"What?" Demi asks as she props herself onto her back, her stomach aches from lying on it and baby boy was a testament to that, kicking his mother yet again.

"I open for you."

"No." Demi answers quickly, trying to shut the situation down. The last thing she needed was April messing with her even more.

"Demi."

She hyperventilates and cuts her husband off. "So your mom can keep taunting me? Oh she's really going to come at me now."

"But you've always wanted to tour together."

"And the kids? I'm sure I said I wanted to tour together before we were parents."

"We have on call nannies, remember?" Trey reassures and kisses Demi's cheek.

"We barely use the nanny, unless we have an emergency or want to leave the country! Trey, we can't."

"Think it over baby, before you decide." Trey concludes, leaving his wife to think as he makes his way out to the balcony.

——-

The decision was made, and the decision was changed the day that Demi sat in the drivers seat and made her way to the recording studio arguing with her husband.

The discussion of the upcoming tour had been rough on the couple. Demi agreed to letting Trey join her on tour, but the two fought day and night now and lately it's been about the small things.

The argument that day happened to be about curtains.

"Singer Demi Lovato is still in critical condition tonight at Cedar Sainai Hospital. The singer suffered trauma to the head, and has broken multiple bones as a result of the accident." One news headline says.

"The twenty nine year old singer has given birth to a healthy baby boy at thirty eight weeks, her condition is still unknown." Another says.

A nurse flips the news and yet another headline. "Demi Lovato remains in the hospital after a serious car accident on Rodeo Drive fourteen days ago."

The daunting memory of Demi's bruised and battered body pops in Trey's head periodically. He hasn't had a full night of sleep since the night before the accident.

It's been two weeks.

The TV in the waiting room blares, "Sources tell us that the singer is on life support and the family is making their final decisions."

Trey nearly throws up.

He jumps up when he sees the doctor approach him in the waiting room.

"How is she now?" Trey asks the doctor who came in to check on Demi's vitals.

"We took her out of the medically induced coma since she opened her eyes on her own for a few minutes. She should be up any minute now. She did lose a lot of blood which has her tired, so it's not so much the head trauma. Her ankle is healing just as we expected, and her vitals are still in tact, it's just a matter of time before she wakes up. She's getting much better everyday." He concludes before leaving Trey to himself.