10. Restful Days

It's two in the morning when Demi makes a mad dash to the bathroom to empty the contents of her stomach, feeling hot yet cold at the same time. She had the flu and mentally yelled at herself for catching the flu in the middle of May when she had a brand deal coming up that she had to reschedule.

Demi flinches in slight fear as she feels her husband's large hands caress her back and hold her hair up. Trey's heart breaks as she continues to get sick. She had been hoping that she had not awakened him by coming to the bathroom and felt annoyed that he is awake. If he wasn't checking in on her, he was checking in on Layla who is six months old and is now starting to teethe.

She finishes and cleans herself up, feeling faint. She ends up back in her husband's warm embrace, not wanting to let him go.

"Come on Dem." Trey says, trying to get her to walk back to the room. She shakes her head, feeling weak.

"I'll carry you then." He whispers and carries her to their bed. He lays her down and touches her forehead with his wrist.

"You're warm. Do you want me to turn the air on?"

"No. I'm freezing." She replies and throws the blankets over her. Trey wraps his arms around his wife, trying to warm her up and kisses her forehead as she drifts off to sleep all over again.

Demi pops up out of her sleep again around five in the morning, running back into the bathroom and comes out a while after, snuggling back in bed with her husband. 

Trey looks down at his wife who is busy drawing patterns on his chest with her finger. "Hey." He whispers, lacing his fingers with hers.

"Hey." She answers, feeling exhausted from being awake nearly all night. Demi sniffles, alarming Trey who presses a kiss to her warm forehead.

"What are you thinking about, my sick baby?" He questions as Demi coughs harder, letting out a loud groan.

She snuggles back on her husband, feeling exhausted and nauseous as she feels her head pounding. "How I don't want you getting sick." She replies, laying back down.

"I'll be alright," Trey promises and wipes Demi's tears away as she falls back to sleep almost instantaneously. 

Baby Layla is spending time at her Grandpa Eddie's and Grandma Dianna's while her mother gets some well needed rest.

Demi sure did miss her baby, especially when she would Facetime her mother who would let her talk to baby Layla who is the sweetest baby on earth.

She wakes up to Trey walking into the bedroom with orange juice, hot tea, and a bowl of chicken alfredo soup.

"Thank you, Trey." She says as he places the tray next to her.

She eats her warm meal, appreciative of how soothing it is and drinks her beverages. She moves her dishes to her bedside table, planning to take them downstairs when Trey rushes and takes them down for her.

He comes back upstairs to find Demi curled up in bed again and joins her. This has been her second day with the flu and she is over it.

She had spent yesterday at the gym, preparing dinner, preparing bottles for Layla, and she even Facetimed Marissa for three hours.

Today she and Trey just laid in bed and even though it is early afternoon, this still drives Demi crazy.

After she showers and changes the bed sheets, Demi decides to go into her closet and do her makeup for fun at her vanity. Nothing is better than feeling refreshed and this is exactly what she needed.

Trey had been in his studio finishing up with recording a new song for his album. He makes more tea for Demi and goes upstairs to give it to her. He expects to find her in the bed but doesn't, so he goes to her beauty room and finds Demi looking at herself in the mirror, wearing nothing but a short white robe.

"Come to papa." Trey says, clapping his hands and licking his lips. Demi turns around and holds her hand up.

"Go away." She giggles as he peppers kisses on her face and neck, being careful not to ruin the makeup that she has already started.

"Never!" He says, tickling her until she falls to the floor laughing. She stands back up and rolls her eyes at her husband before kissing him softly.

She giggles against his lips as he picks her up and wraps her legs around his waist.

She takes a deep, content sigh as she continues to kiss her husband, missing his touch eagerly.

Pulling away from her, Trey smiles at his wife. "My goodness I hit the jackpot with you." He says, biting his lip. Demi playfully smacks him upside the head and jumps off of him, wincing at the foot and a half drop.

"I really shouldn't be kissing you, one. Two, I already told you I'm not that hot." Demi retorts, making her husband laugh.

"Okay, hot mama." Trey flirts back. Demi rolls her eyes before Trey wraps his arms around her waist and kisses the sweet spot on her neck that drives her crazy.

"What's up?" Demi asks her husband, biting her lip.

"Nothing, I brought your tea."

Demi nods. "Thank you."

---

The couple go from Demi's closet, to the studio as Trey writes another song, to the large green sofa in the living room, and outside to walk Batman, just enjoying each other's company.

"It feels so weird with Lay here." Trey speaks up as he strokes Demi's hair.

"It does. Is this how we were without her?" 

"Yup." Trey responds, tickling his wife who laughs and starts to move away from him, snorting as she laughs. The couple have a wrestling war on the chair and Trey wins, ending up on top of Demi who kisses his lips, tenderly.

The two go back to play-fighting and eventually take things back to their bedroom, only to end up back under the covers again, embracing each other's company.

"Can I ask you something?"

"What is it, baby?" Trey asks, admiring his wife as she is laying next to him, her brown waves cascading her pillow as he looks down at her, his head is propped on his elbow,

"How close do you want to have kids?" 

Trey laughs and grabs Demi's hands. "I'd love for them to be one to two years apart." He answers as Demi smiles up at him.

"I have baby fever." 

"Let's make another one, then." Trey teases, being half humerous. He loves the life that he has with Demi and Layla, he would love to try for another baby sometime soon.

Demi laughs loudly, then stops when she realizes that Trey is serious.

"I'm still on birth control, but I'll make a deal with you. In three months, Layla will be nine months old which pushes her closer to being a year old. We can try in three months." She promises.

Was catching the flu really a bad thing? If anything, it brought Demi and Trey closer to each other. The bond they share is unbreakable.

No one could away the love they share for each other. No one.