3. The Dinner Party

Today, Demi thanked God that her family, along with Trey's family barely kept up with the tabloids... with the exception of April.

Tonight Demi and Trey decided that it would be great to host a meal for their families and let them know the great news. 

Trey's grandparents Rose and Jim also flew in from Petersburg Virginia to see their grandson, so what better night to do this dinner than tonight?

Demi reviews the list of foods that are already finished and reads them out loud to her husband who is finishing an acai bowl.

"Rice, pinto beans, ribs, fried chicken, meatballs, cabbage, green beans, and the broccoli cheddar casserole are finished." Demi says looking at her dinner list. 

"I'm going to make the mashed potatoes." She responds, appreciative that this is the last item on the list. Trey shakes his head and laughs. 

"What you need to do is lay down and chill. You cooked all of this food by yourself yesterday night and today. The only thing you let me make were the desserts."

Demi laughed at her husband, who had his arms folded. "I'm serious." He whines.

Demi gives her husband the go-ahead to make the mashed potatoes, as long as he agreed to let her help him. To Demi's avail, the baby doesn't cause their mother to become sick. Trey finishes off his bowl and cleans up before making the mashed potatoes with Demi by his side.

"See, I didn't throw up, and I let you do the mashed potatoes." Demi said, laughing. She and her husband clean before burning a nice candle in the kitchen.

"We have two hours to have our time alone." Demi tells her husband as she leaves the potatoes to cook on low heat.

Trey pulls his wife close to him, "We can do this after dinner." She responds and kisses his cheek, sliding out of his arms.

The couple spends an hour getting dressed and then the next hour setting up dinner in their large kitchen, making it buffet style. They plan on using the formal dining room tonight.

With thirty minutes to spare before guests arrive, the couple does a thorough sweep through their home making sure that their entertainment spaces are clean.

They finish off their clean-up with a nice can of lemon LaCroix split between the two of them.

The doorbell rings. "Here we go."

Trey looks out the door and notices that it is Demi's family and lets them in. Immediately, Demi  hugs her sisters. "Hey, babygirl." Dallas says, hugging her sister back. Maddie joins in their hug. 

"I brought Peanut, to scare Trey." Madison said, referring to her pet mouse, "Yes!" Demi cheers, Maddie and Dallas laugh. Trey is an animal lover, minus small rodents and reptiles.

The couple switch with their greetings. Trey leaves Demi's parents and goes to Demi's sisters while, Demi walks to her parents. 

"Hi, sweetie." Eddie says, hugging his daughter. 

"Hi mommy." Demi says and gives her mother a side hug, noticing her hands are full. 

The two make their way to the kitchen. "How are you?" Dianna asks. 

"I'm good, I'm just trying to get adjusted again. How are you, mom?"

 "I'm doing good." She says as she places the banana pudding in the refrigerator. 

Dianna takes a look at her daughter before blurting out, "You're pregnant." quietly.

Demi blushes and nods her head. Dianna jumps up and down, being sure not to disrupt anyone in the house. "Is this why we're all here?" She quizzes, rubbing her daughter's small bump.