Chapter 9: Top Star Life

Start from the beginning

"Good night," Tori and Hana said as they returned to their suite, whilst Akira and Miyuki went into theirs. As they crawled into their beds, Akira and Miyuki stared into the darkness.

"Hey Akira?" Miyuki asked in a hushed whisper. "Are you awake?"

"Yeah," Akira responded, equally silent.

"Do you think we're just overthinking this?"

"I don't know, it feels a little strange."

"Yeah," Miyuki yawned.

"Maybe, we should just keep working hard," Akira said as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

"Yeah, maybe..." Miyuki said too, her eyelids getting heavier until finally she and Akira had promptly fallen asleep, their hearts heavy with thoughts.

----

The next morning was a whirlwind for Akira and Miyuki. Instead of going to their normal classes; they were instead instructed to go to the headmaster's office.

"Why do you think the headmaster wanted to see us?" Akira thought.

"Are we in trouble? What did we do?" Miyuki began to race through all the potential reasons for them to be called into the headmaster's office. "Maybe it's because I went back for dessert even though I didn't eat all of my vegetables last night. Or maybe it's because I lost my phone on a job and we had to spend all day looking for it. Or what if it's about me ruining my summer uniform?"

"Calm down Miyuki, it's probably nothing. And what's wrong with your summer uniform?"

"This is my fifth set," she embarrassingly explained.

"Your FIFTH set?!" Akira asked in shock. "But we've only been wearing them for less than two weeks!"

"I keep forgetting to remove the colours from the whites," Miyuki sighed. Akira let out a defeated exhale.

"You're hopeless," she muttered. Before Miyuki could defend herself, the two girls had arrived at Headmaster Kokomoi's office. The girl's stood outside the large glass doors, taking a deep breath in as they knocked.

"Come in," he called out. As the girls entered, they noticed that their headmaster was not sitting behind his desk or overlooking the school as he normally did. Instead, Shun was in the corner of his office relaxing on one of the white leather couches in front of a glass coffee table. He was drinking what appeared and smelled like peppermint tea, the strong aroma wafting through the room allowing all to breathe easily. "Good morning girls. How are you?" he asked. The girls were about to answer before noticing another person sitting opposite the headmaster.

"Mr. Eiga?" Akira asked, shocked at seeing him again. Hiro Eiga stood up, placing his cup of tea on the table and bowed towards the girls.

"Hello Miss Toyaku, Miss Jorutta. It's wonderful to see you again," he said.

"You too! But what are you doing here?" Miyuki asked. They hadn't seen Hiro since their film won at the 'Summer Film Festival'.

"Mr. Eiga has been very busy since you last worked with him. He's been doing press all over the country, promoting the film and his future projects," the headmaster explained.

"Yes, and it just so happens that one of my future projects has led me to here; Top Star Academy!" he declared. Miyuki and Akira exchanged an expression of confusion, unaware of the enthusiastic director's intentions. Shun, noticing the young idols' confusion explained.

"Mr. Eiga wants to do a feature on Top Star Academy—" he began.

"And I'd like you two to star in it!" Hiro added. There was a moment of silence before Akira and Miyuki arched forward, their eyes and mouths agape.