1

* three weeks before *

Dowoon wrapped his slender fingers around the straps of his navy blue backpack and headed out the dorm door where he walked along side his friend , roommate and band member , Park Sungjin . The two usually made their daily commute this way , at 8 in the morning . Dowoon , who had woken up at 6 am to prepare for the day , had the aroma of coffee . Meanwhile , his friend shared the aroma of sweet strawberries and vanilla .

Usually three of them made this journey , but recently their friend Wonpil had been acting strange . He hadn't gotten up at all the past month , he kept coming late to class and his grades dropped rapidly . Not only all that , he had extremely dark bags under his eyes and never smiled like he always did . To see a man usually so full of energy and optimism turn so gloomy and depressed worried Dowoon a lot . Kim Wonpil had been his best friend since he was 5 and he was the main reason Dowoon got into music in the first place . Wonpil's passion for his keyboard really inspired Dowoon to try out some instruments . Keyboard didn't work for him , nor did guitar . But he remembers the feeling of picking up a pair of wooden drumsticks and feeling like it was meant to be .

To say Dowoon was good at drumming was an understatement . The boy was fantastic . Known as one of the best drummers around Korea it was hard to keep from the spotlight and the girls that swarmed around him like bees everyday . Which , for this shy bean , was a lot to deal with . Dowoon , unlike some of his other bandmates of questionable sanity , never put himself in the spotlight but without fail it always landed on him . For a small kid from Busan , this was a lot to take it at first , but soon like 23 year old got used to it and moved on , ignoring the fan girls and fan boys .

As Dowoon and Sungjin made their way down the small corridor towards the entrance of the dorms , Sungjin broke the silence talking about how he needed to change the strings on his guitar as they were getting old . That's what Dowoon heard anyway . He wasn't really listening to Sungjin's small talk . Instead , he was in his own thoughts thinking about what could have made his best friend so down lately . Sungjin noticed the younger not paying attention to him and quickly changed the conversation to something Dowoon would definitely hear . " So Dowoon - ah ", Sungjin stated " what do you think has been going on with Wonpil lately ? " .

Dowoon froze . "U-um I don't know . M-maybe Jae and Brian pissed him off again" , Dowoon stuttered slightly . Sungjin laughed to himself . "I think its something more though...he has never been this quite . It's a bit strange , don't you think?" Sungjin questioned the younger . " I -I don't know hyung . Maybe something happened at home . Who knows ? He doesn't even talk anymore", Dowoon pointed out . Sungjin nodded . "Maybe your right . But maybe we should try talking to him more . I'm sure he'll tell you . You are best friends after all " Sungjin smiled at the maknae . " I've tried hyung , he doesn't want to talk to me . He doesn't want to talk to anyone . I asked him if he wanted pizza last night and he told me to fuck off . I rarely hear him curse . I don't know if he wants to talk " Dowoon said sadly .

Sungjin noticed the boy's sad state and patted him on the back . " Don't worry Dowoon-ah , I'm sure he'll come to his senses and talk to somebody , he just needs some time alone at the moment . He'll be happy again in a few weeks ", Sungjin smiled putting his arm around the younger . Dowoon shoved his arm off and kept his head down . " You said that two weeks ago , hyung ", he said giving the older a disappointed look and continuing walking . Sungjin sighed remembering the conversation from the two weeks prior . Dowoon was right . It was the exact same conversation . The two made their way across campus , not speaking another word and just walking in silence .