20. Their Beginning

DJ Wifi or Alyno
(okay i'm pretty sure that's ayla and nino's ship name but correct me if i'm wrong)
Also, I don't think I've written any other ships besides Mari and Adrien and their alter egos, so I'm going to start doing other ships! Comment any that you want me to do!

————
Alya sat at her normal spot in English, waiting for her usually-late best friend to appear with her usual excuses. She drummed her fingers against the desktop, watching as Chloe strutted to her seat. Mrs. Mendeliev (did I spell that right?) hadn't even prepared their lesson for that day, so it felt like a complete waste of time to Alya. She had more important things to be doing, such as updating her Ladyblog. There'd been three new akuma attacks in the past two weeks that the Ladyblog hadn't covered, but she'd been...busy.

Okay, so maybe she'd been slacking off a little bit. Again, it wasn't completely her fault. She'd been...distracted. Some of this was due to her raven haired best friend, but most of this was due to...Nino.

That's weird even to think about...she thought.

Lately, Nino and Alya had grown closer than they'd ever been before. With their best friends Marinette and Adrien constantly disappearing, they were left to their own devices in order to entertain themselves. So, they hung out together. It started one sunny Sunday afternoon, with an akuma on the loose.

—FLASHBACK—

"Everyone, please remain calm and get indoors as soon as possible!" Ladybug earned from atop the Eiffel Tower. Alya eagerly watched as her partner, Chat Noir, grinned broadly directly next to her. He goofily placed his arm around the superheroine, who in return brushed it off playfully with an eye roll. Ladybug muttered under her breath, "This shouldn't take too long,"

"Oh, this'll be great on the Ladyblog!" Alya exclaimed as she began to record the footage. Ladybug and Chat Noir had already begun to leap forward and attack the villain who had just emerged at the top of the tower. Alya backed up to get the entire shot in the screen, when...

"Hey, watch out dude!" a familiar voice exclaimed. He swiftly caught Alya before she could hit the pavement. "You okay?"

Before Alya could thank her rescuer, she realized she was in the arms of none other than Nino Lahiffe, Adrien's famed best friend. Her eyes widened as she quickly jerked herself away from him. She smoothed out her and stood up straight.

"Oh, uhh...sorry about that. I'm...I'm fine." she retorted as she picked up her phone which had dropped on the ground. Gingerly, she held the phone in her hand and inspected it.

No severe damage, she thought. A little dent in her phone case and a crack in her screen protector, but...

"Ahem." Nino cleared his throat.

Alya's glance shot upward from her phone.

"Oh, sorry. Thanks, Nino. I'll...I'll see you in chemistry tomorrow?" she pondered aloud.

Nino grinned. "Actually, Alya, I was looking for you."

"Me?" The brunette pointed a finger towards her chest.

The boy nodded, and it was now that Alya noticed that her classmate was no longer wearing his infamous headphones. In return, Alya only smirked.

"And why would that be?"

It was then that he became quite flustered. Nino scratched his head and nervously laughed. "I...I wanted to...to talk to you...if that's okay,"

Alya grabbed his hand and dragged him to a nearby bench. "Seriously, Nino, is everything okay?" The boy vigorously nodded his head and smiled weakly.