05. Relatable

Ladrien

Adrien was cooped up in his room for the whole day. On the weekends, his father only let him outside for two hours a day, besides photoshoots of course. While two hours seemed like a lot, to Adrien it felt like two seconds. It was even worse on weekdays; Adrien was stuck inside the mansion for every minute he wasn't at school or doing something his father wanted him to do. Sure, he sneaked out as Chat Noir, but this was different.

The blonde sighed as his cat kwami zoomed around his enormous room, probably searching for some camambert. He glanced out his huge window; his two hours of time would start in just one minute.

"I don't understand why you want to be outside so much," Plagg persisted while munching on some camembert that had originally been hiding under Adrien's pillow. "You've got everything a kid could want right here! If I..."

"Oh never mind, Plagg. I'll just go by myself. No Chat Noir today." This only made the kwami slightly less energetic and spunky than usual. He instructed Plagg to stay in his room, for he wanted to remain as Adrien for the day. A sudden alarm went off, reminding Adrien that his two hours had begun.

He burst out of his room and through the main entrance of the mansion, which he rarely used. "Hello Paris,"

Adrien walked through the streets, his broad smile never wavering. Little did he know that a certain ladybug heroine was making her way through the city tops of Paris.

------------------------------

(Earlier In The Day)

Marinette had had a fairly rough day, and the fact that Alya was egging her on about if she knew who Ladybug was didn't help. To make matters worse, she had gotten her fifth tardy of the grading period. If she got one more, she would be sent to the principle's office and possibly be given detention. All in all, she felt stressed. But she knew of one person who could help her get over it. Her alter ego—Ladybug.

Ladybug was everything that Marinette wasn't, which made Marinette even more sure that it was the right time to transform. And besides, even if she saw Chat she could just say she was keeping an eye out for akumas.

"Tikki, spots on!!" Marinette cheered as she was turned into the confident super heroine. She leapt out of her bedroom and took in the smell of sweet flowers, hearing the chatter of Parisians. The bluenette smiled to herself and leapt from building to building with her yoyo.

----------------------------------

She found herself upon Adrien's house, and she willed herself not to go there. Anywhere but there. She didn't want to be stuttering Marinette then. She huffed in a breath and felt determined to get away from there. But she couldn't look away as Adrien ran out of his mansion and began to rush throughout the city.

Despite her telling herself not to, Ladybug followed the teen model closely behind. While she was far above him, Adrien sensed that someone was following him. He looked around, before looking up and seeing Ladybug following him.

"L-Ladybug?!" Adrien stuttered and mentally face palmed. She was a super hero, and he wasn't Chat Noir this time. She probably wouldn't even know him, let alone follow him.

But the superhero stared at him in shock. "Umm, Adrien! H-hi!" She awkwardly waved, reminding Adrien more of the shy Marinette from his class than Ladybug. Ladybug launched herself down from the building, and while Adrien had seen her do it numerous times as Chat Noir (he himself had also done it a lot), seeing it this way was different—he wasn't the flirtatious, punny cat anymore. Adrien couldn't help but let his mouth hang wide open in awe.

"W-what are you doing h-here?" Adrien asked, mentally congratulating himself for only stuttering twice. The bluenette scratched her head with uncertainty.

"I was just uhh...patrolling! Yeah...patrolling..."

Adrien found this odd; they only patrolled during the night. And it was a Saturday.

Surely, Adrien thought, she has her own life outside of being Ladybug? A life that I'm probably not a part of...

He grimaced at the thought.

Ladybug stared at him uncomfortably. "Are you okay?" she wondered and made sure not to blush or stutter; Ladybug can do this!

"Yeah...umm, fine...just..."

"Yes?"

"C-Curious."

Ladybug lost her strong posture for a moment, quickly regaining it before Adrien could see. "Curious...about what?" This caused the blonde to bite his lip and look at the ground.

"You..." Adrien whispered.

"Sorry...err...what?"

"You," he said louder, making Ladybug's eyes widen. "Who you are under the mask. You're so confident, strong, independent...and I'm...Adrien."

Ladybug felt like the boys words had her on cloud nine. "You think that about m-me? Well...under the mask, I'm a clumsy, annoying girl...and we know each other, A-Adrien. We know each other, but I'm just i-insignificant as a civilian. I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't Ladybug." She was about to continue, but Adrien reached out and put a firm hand on her shoulder as the sat on a nearby park bench.

"L-Ladybug, you're amazing no matter what. And just you talking to me is..."

"Oh no, don't start with that!" Ladybug warned. Seeing the look on the blonde's face, she explained, "I just hate it when people look at me as if they can't even approach me, just because I'm a super heroine. And when they do approach me and we have a conversation, they say what you just said, 'Just having you talking to me is amazing!' or whatever. I don't want people to be like that to me all the time."

Adrien nodded. "I can relate. All of my life I'm being pushed into photoshoots, and I'm a famous model. All these people just come up to me and gawk or ask me to sign stuff, but I'm not that super. I just want to be treated like them, but my father will make sure that doesn't happen,"

Ladybug was staring at the floor. "Adrien, you're definitely super, even if you're not a superhero."

Adrien almost laughed, but held it in in spite of himself.

"Thanks. But you know what, L-Ladybug? You're relatable. Relatable super heroes are cool. I think you're cool." Adrien tried to sound nonchalant about it, but failed miserably as the super heroine stared at him confusedly.

"Uhh, thanks?" Ladybug murmured as she checked her yoyo and saw the time. "Ahh! Sorry Adrien, I've got to go, but maybe I'll see you around!"

Adrien smiled and nodded. The blonde ran off in his own direction, still thinking about his conversation with Ladybug.

The heroine leapt off onto different buildings and muttered, "Relatable? Huh..."

Who knew that super heroes were relatable?

------------------------------------

Well the first Ladrien one shot is complete! Personally, I enjoy writing LadyNoir and Marichat the most, but I generally like writing them all. I find writing Ladrien stuff a little harder, but I'll do it for the fandom!

Comment which ship in the square you like writing about the most!

Stay Miraculous!

-HermioneObliviates