14. New Romantics

We're all bored

Marinette sighed in defeat as she failed once again to get Adrien's attention after science class.

We're all so tired of everything

It certainly wasn't the first time her attempts at confessing her feelings to the model had failed.

We wait for

She felt sure that next time, she would get his attention, and then he would notice her...

Trains that just aren't coming

But deep down inside she knew that she wasn't the girl he had feelings for. She didn't know anything about this girl.

We show off

She remembered how Adrien arrived at school with the scarf she made around his neck.

Our different scarlet letters

And how he had been so happy...but thinking it was from his father. Later, Chloe had said she'd known it was from Marinette, but any gift she could give Adrien would be better.

Trust me, mine is better

Marinette firmly told herself to forget the painful memories and move on, transforming into Ladybug.

We're so young

She clearly remembered first receiving Tikki.

But we're on the road to ruin

But Marinette didn't know if she was suitable to be Ladybug anymore, when she couldn't even get Adrien to like her.

We play dumb

"You look nice today, milady," she heard Chat say. But she simply shook it off, rejecting her growing feelings for the cat and the feelings she knew he had for her.

But we know exactly what we're doing

She knew that she kept doing this to him, but she honestly didn't know who she did really like.

We cry tears

Chat reminded her of their objective, and they both launched upward into the night. But secretly Chat was thinking about how he never seemed to win her over; would he ever be good enough?

Of mascara in the bathroom

Marinette had tried to make herself look pretty for her crush by wearing makeup...even Alya seemed unpleasantly shocked.

Honey, life is just a classroom

Marinette still had so much to learn about being a superhero, and life itself...

'Cause, baby, I could build a castle
Out of all the bricks they threw at me

She remembered the time she got akumatized because of a stupid remark Chloe made. She'd built walls around herself and let no one in.

And every day is like a battle

Adrien didn't know how much longer he could keep up with his father and all that he wanted from him.