"Hey," I looked up and smiled at him.

"Mind is I steal her?" He asked the girls.

"Be my guest," Athena approves.

He grabbed my hand and dragged me through the crowded halls. In the last week me and Liam have gotten closer. We were friends now. "You wanna go on a date?"

My breath hitched in my throat. A date? I tried to act cool. Even though it was fake I was still extremely awkward. "Oh come on that all you got. Just because I'm your fake girlfriend doesn't mean you get off the hook. Come on hit me with your best line or something,"

"Okay," he paused for a minute and took both of my hands in his grip, "I always thought happiness started with an 'h' so why does mine start with u?"

I started at him with a face of horror and blinked, "I think you have dyslexia,"

His face immediately fell, before I bursted into a round of laughter. I tried to catch my breath. "You laugh like a wheezing donkey,"

My eyes snapped up and I glared at him, only for him to be doubled over in laughter. I do not laugh like a wheezing donkey! I gaped at him and slapped his arm. "I do not,"

"You do!" He could barely breathe.

I glared at him until he finally stopped laughing. He made eye contact with me and I immediately turned around pretending to ignore him. "Oh come on Sapphire," he paused, "Sapphire,"

He started repeatedly poking me and say my name. "Sapphire come on," he poked me once more, "alright you asked for it,"

He put his hands on my waist and began tickling me. A small yelp escaped from my lips as I tried to cover my stomach. He pulled me closer to him to get a better grip. "Stop," I wheezed.

A familiar tightness in my stomach spread over me. I hated be tickled. "Okay, okay I'll talk to you,"

He spun me around to face him, "good," he leaned down, I could feel his breath on my ear, "I'll pick you up at seven,"

With that, he left down the hall.
————-

Athena finished curling my last strand of hair. She freaked out when she heard about our date and came over immediately to help me get ready. "All done," she told me.

I got up and looked in the mirror. My hair fell in soft curls on my back. I was in a pale blue dress with a laced back cut out. After much arguing with Sophia she let me where my pink converse. I had light natural makeup. "Wow," I breathed.

Sophia squealed, "you look so pretty, Liam won't be able to take his eyes off you,"

My smile began to slip again. Yes he will, he'll be too busy thinking about Tara. It was like everything that they said about me and Liam my mind would immediately shut down. Maybe it was a fear of getting hurt. I mean being friends with Liam would end in disaster. I could just feel myself becoming friends with him. It may not seem like a big deal to most people but a lot of things have happened and letting people in is hard for me. The doorbell rang tearing me away from my thoughts. Sophie grabbed my shoulders and smiled at me through the mirror. "You ready?"

I smiled back at her and nodded. Sophia walked to the door and opened it. Liam turned around and eyed me up and down. "Wow," he breathed.

Walking towards me he grabbed me by the hips and rested his forehead on mine. "I'm just gonna leave you two alone," Sophia walked to her car and I hear the roar of the engine as she sped away.

Liam let go of my waist and put more space between us. "Think she's believing it," he asked.

"Definitely,"

"You ready?"

"Wait we're actually going out?"

"Well yeah your gonna need something to tell your friends, plus Tara's gonna be there,"

I grabbed my coat and we got into his car. The scenery past by in a flood. "So where exactly are we going?" I asked realizing Liam never told me.
"A party at Jake's house,"

I began violently choking on my own saliva. I finally managed to calm down before scream 'what,' at the top of my lungs. No way! I was not going to a party. I don't care who's gonna be there. "I am not going to a party. Are you crazy?"

He glanced at me before turning back to the road. "You don't really have a choice unless you are planning on jumping out of a moving car,"

I looked out the window to see how fast the car was moving. "Are you seriously debating this?" He questioned me.

"Well it's better than going to a party,"

"Well you have to go it's in the contract,"

He was right, it was in the contract, I had to go. "Fine," I sighed.

I stared out the window ignoring Liam's many pleads for me to talk to him. "Are you really gonna ignore me?"

I continued to ignore him. I didn't talk to him the whole ride to the party. "We're here,"

I unbuckled and stepped out of the car putting on a fake smile. I spun on my heel and turned to face Liam, "Let's go,"

Liam seemed taken back by my sudden change of character but soon regained his composure and wrapped his arm around my lower waist. I took a deep breath before going in. The music booked around us. The smell of sweaty teenagers, smoking, and lots of alcohol filled my nostrils. I had never been to a party before, it was never really my scene. Someone came over and handed us a red solo cup filled with, something, not entirely sure what. I stared at it in disgust and felt Liam's chest vibrate from laughter. "Yeah I wouldn't drink that if I were you," he warned.

"Wasn't planning on it," I threw it in a trash can that had been moved conveniently next to us.

Liam was the designated driver so I knew he wouldn't be drinking, or at least I hoped so. "You wanna dance?"

Honestly I would rather drink whatever was in that cup than dance, but people would probably get suspicious. "Sure," I smiled tightly.

We walked over to the dance floor, or in this case the living room carpet that's covered in alcohol stains. Liam dance, while I stood there, swaying back and forth. It's close enough to dancing. Liam stopped dancing and walked over to me wrapping his arms around my waist. "Hey," He tilted my chin up so that I was looking up at him, "You seem to be having no fun, come on let go we can do something else,"

"But you said Tara was gonna be here," I wanted to go but it was part of the contract.

"Look she's over there just kiss me and then we can leave,"

"Mm-Kay,"

He leaned in and I had to go up on my tiptoes to kiss him back. I didn't realize how tall he actually was. He put his lips on mine and pulled me closer to him. The kiss lasted a few seconds before he pulled back. "Ready to go?" He whispered in my ear.

I nodded and he grabbed my hand leading me to the door. I was thankful to get out of that place. "Do you want to watch a movie or something at my place?" I asked him.

"That sounds great," we drove home and I saw that my moms car was gone.

She was probably working a night shift at the hospital again. I unlocked the door, leading Liam over the the couch while picking up a movie to watch. "So we have almost any movie you could imagine. What do you want to watch?"
He came over to where I was on the floor to look at the movie. He reached down and picked on up. "Perfect," He was holding up a copy of LILO and Stitch.

I laughed but took the movie and put it in. Honestly I kinda love this movie, but I wasn't gonna tell anyone that. We both sat on the couch and Liam put his arm around my shoulder. I looked at it strangely, and Liam notice me. "What?"

"We don't have to act like a couple when people aren't around," I told him.
He laughed. "I know, it just easier to sit like this,"

"Oh," I felt my cheeks heat up. The movie started and I already felt my eyes begin to grow heavy. Liam and I talked about the most random stuff. It was only ten o'clock, but the party must have worn me out. I tried to keep my eyes open. I stayed up till about mid way through the movie before my eyes grew too heavy to keep open. I felt Liam kiss the top of head, before telling my goodnight. Wait, kissed my head?