Secret Talent

We pull up to the JYP building a few minutes later and my brain won't stop whirring a thousand thoughts around my head.
I can't believe I'm actually gonna be watching Chan dance, like what the actual shit.

Chan pays the cab driver and we hop out of the car.
He grabs hold of my hand again and we walk into the building together.
It's actually less exciting than I thought it would be. The decoration is just JYP symbols on a few of the walls, but there's so many rooms.

We don't bump into anyone on the way there, must be because of the holidays.
After walking for a couple minutes Chan steers us into a spare dance practice room.

"Well, here we are!"

I let go of his hand and walk around the room. I recognise it from some dance practices, this is awesome.

"Woah, this is so cool! I've seen this room on videos from dance practices and now I'm standing in it!"

Chan giggles at me and walks over to the speakers.

"You can sit down if you want, just don't leave the room or someone might see you... um, this is a new song, we haven't released it yet. It's stupid to ask cause I know you won't do it, but don't record anything, okay?"

I nod excitedly and make my way to the back of the room and sit down.

Chan connects his phone to the speakers and a song starts.
He then rushes to the centre of the room to practice the dance.

~~~

Chan has been practicing for a while now, he's done the same song a few times.
When the song finishes again, he pauses it from starting again and turns towards me.

"I'm just gonna head out for a drink, okay? I'll be back in a couple minutes. Here, I'll leave the music on so it isn't too quiet."

He walks out of the room as Yes or Yes starts playing.
Oh my gosh, yaaaas.

I run over to the door to make sure Chan is gone, then quickly go to the middle of the room. I know this dance!
I actually know pretty much all of Twice's dances, except for the side tracks from their older albums like Truth and 1 to 10.

As I'm dancing I watch myself in the floor to ceiling mirrors covering the wall in front of me, not too shabby for someone who taught them self how to dance in their lounge room.

The song finishes and Gashina starts playing.
Ermageeerrrd I know this one too!

I quickly drop to the ground and rehearse this dance as well.
Towards the end of the song I see something out of the corner of my eye.

I freeze.

"Oh my gosh, Chan! How long have you been there?"

He's giving me a huge smile and begins to clap.

"What?"

"You're such a good dancer, why didn't you say anything before?"

"Um, you never asked and I can't dance in front of people, I get too shy."

He walks over, still with an amazed look on his face.

"What do you do for work?"

Huh?

"Well I did work for an online media company but I actually lost that job yesterday so..."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that, but I have something that might be right up your alley."

What the heck does that mean?

"How long are you going to be in Korea for?"

"I'm not sure, I'm just here for my holidays but I might leave early or stay longer, why?"

Chan walks closer to me and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"How do you feel about auditioning to be a back-up dancer here at JYP?"

Oh my gosh. Is he serious? No way JYP would hire me, there's so many other dancers that he could have.

"Very funny, I doubt JYP would want me around here."

"It's worth a shot though, isn't it?"

"Does he even want back-up dancers?"

"Yep, he was going to advertise for auditions a couple days from now. I could tell him I saw you dancing on the street and ask him to give you a shot?"

"Holy crap, holy fuck, oh my gosh. That'd be awesome!"

Chan laughs at me and pinches my cheek. I blush and he notices what he just did. He awkwardly clears his throat to stop the silence.

"Er... wanna dance together this time?"

"Yeah ok, what song?"

"How about we do a random dance, that'll be more fun."

"Sure thing, lets goooo."

I run around the room and he watches me and laughs. Then he goes to his phone and plays a random dance.