The air buzzed. That was the best way to describe it. The air buzzed and all the hairs on Severance's body rose on end. Something nearby crackled. That was when the blue veins in the golem started to glow brighter.

"I hate this part," Dhin grumbled to no one in particular.

Lightning forked out of the golem, stabbing through the air at its closest victim, which happened to be Dhin. The air cracked, a deafening sound that destroyed Severance's hearing for a while. All he could see was Dhin's mouth opening wide in a shout as lightning stabbed him in the chest. The poor man was catapulted back by the force of the strike. His hp instantly dropped into red.

Wow. Severance's eyes widened. Was that a whiff of smoke coming off Dhin's twitching body? He winced. "Mend."

The golem chose that moment to lift its bad leg once more. Maun and Rasin simply moved over to the other one and started slicing and dicing without a care in the world. Well, maybe not quite. Rasin couldn't help but glance worriedly at the smoking mess that was his son.

Severance didn't blame him. Dhin looked a little like a hot dog that was left on the grill a few minutes too long. The golem's leg paused. Then it started coming down. Crap, hurry, hurry, hurry –ah! Three! "Two, one - Mend!"

The healing light reached Dhin just in time. The concussive wave rumbled outwards. Even though he braced himself, Sev was pushed back, stumbling badly as he'd nearly lost his footing.

Peering past an upraised arm, he noticed with mild disbelief that both Rasin and Maun had somehow remained mostly unaffected. Like how? How did they not even get unbalanced?

It wasn't fair.

"Radiant Dome!" By then, both of the golem's legs were an oozing mess. Creaking and groaning, the golem seemed to bend slightly, hunching in on itself.

"Get ready for the little ones!" Maun called. No sooner than he gave the warning, little pebbles started falling from the golem's huge frame. It was just a couple at first, followed by increasing amounts until a heavy rain pounded into the ground. Everyone was forced to back off to a safe distance, lest they be damaged by the weird falling rocks.

Severance watched, a little uncertain of what was going to happen next. The little rocks seemed to bounce off the ground after impact, where they began to collide with other rocks. They clumped together in larger groups about the size of a basketball. Then more rocks joined on the underside, forming legs.

Mini golems? Severance rubbed at his eyes.

It was like the giant golem got tired of being beat on, so it decided to hatch a pile of baby golems to protect it. Said baby golems began tottering towards them.

"Take them out! Hurry!" Maun and Dhin darted into the mass of baby golems without a moment's hesitation. Rocks flew upwards from each strike of their daggers, little golems crumbling to the ground in their wake. Maun and Dhin tore through the horde with frightening speed, but there were a lot of them. And more were still being born, although the rain from momma golem was starting to slow.

Rasin kept close to Severance, clearing out all the mini golems that headed his way. And Severance, unwilling to just stand around on the job, starting sending Bolts into the furthest golems he could reach..

+1 Intelligence

At least they went down easily - one Bolt was enough to knock them into pieces. It's just that there were so many of them.

The rain stopped. A few dozen still scampered around the ground. Momma golem raised a leg. Dhin almost seemed like a blur, flying from one golem to the next at an absolutely insane speed. Maun was close behind, gathering up any that Dhin passed by. Between the two of them, they mowed down the last few within seconds, and that was a good thing, because seconds was all they had.