"I told you," Hermione gasped "I -- told -- you."
"we've got to get back to Gryffindor Tower, quickly as possible." Ron declared
"Malfoy tricked you Harry." Aria breathed out causing Harry to look over at her.
"Aria's right." Hermione agreed "He was never going to meet you — Filch knew someone was going to be in the trophy room, Malfoy must have tipped him off."

Based off of Harry's expression, Aria knew he knew they were right. But he shook it off anyways and spoke clearly.
"Let's go."

In a few minutes something came shooting out of a classroom in front of them. Peeves. Aria groaned under her breath as he let out a squeal of delight at the sight of them.
"Shut up Peeves -- please -- you'll get us thrown out."

Peeves just laughed. "Wandering around at midnight, Ickle Firsties? Tut, tut, tut. Naughty, naughty, you'll get caughty."
"Not if you don't give us away, Peeves, please." Aria attempted.
"Should tell Filch, I should. It's for your own good, you know."
"Get out of the way." Ron snapped stepping forward and taking a swipe at Peeves.

"STUDENTS OUT OF BED!" Peeves bellowed, "STUDENTS OUT OF BED DOWN THE CHARMS CORRIDOR!"
Aria glared at Peeves before they all ducked under him and ran for their lives to the end of the corridor, where they slammed into a door yet it was locked.

"This is it!" Ron exclaimed as he pushed on the door "We're done for! This is the end!"

Though the pattering of Filch's footsteps got closer and closer Aria's heart pounded against her chest, Ron was right, this was the end. Yet it seemed that Hermione had a different idea as she pushed through towards the door, "Oh move over."

Grabbing Aria's wand she tapped the lock and whispered, "Alohomora!"
The lock clicked and the door swung open and they ran inside shutting it quickly and pressing their ears against it to listen.

"Which way did they go, Peeves?" Filch asked "Quick, tell me."
"Say 'please.'" Peeves taunted.
"Don't mess with me, Peeves, now where did they go?"
"Shan't say nothing if you don't say please," Peeves said in an annoying singsong voice."All right — please."
"NOTHING! Ha haaa! Told you I wouldn't say nothing if you didn't say please! Ha ha! Haaaaaa!"

As Peeves flew off and Filch who was cursing in rage left with him, Aria let out a breath of relief.

"He thinks the door is locked." Harry whispered "I think we'll be okay -- get off, Neville!" Harry exclaimed
"Uh -- guys?" Aria spoke as she spotted the monstrous dog with three heads that Neville had spotted, she swallowed.
"What?" Harry hissed at Neville and Aria before turning around and noticing what they were looking at.

"The door was locked," Aria contained pausing for a short hitch of breath "and for a good reason too."

Harry grabbed the doorknob and they fell through the door, Harry slamming it behind them and they took off forgetting all about Filch.

They didn't stop running until they reached the portrait of the Fat Lady.

"Where on earth have you all been?" she asked.
"Never mind that --" Harry panted
"pig snout, pig snout." Aria chimed in exhausted.

They ran into the common room and collapsed.
"What do they think they're doing, keeping a thing like that locked up in a school?" Ron spoke finally
"Well if you haven't noticed this isn't a normal school." Aria reminded
"You don't use your eyes, any of you, do you?" Hermione snapped
"I mean -- I thought I did, you guys saw the three headed dog too right?" Aria asked, Harry and Ron nodded.

"Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Hermione recalled
"the floor?" Harry suggested "I wasn't looking at its feet, I was too busy with its heads."