23

SOFT RUMBLING NOISES MIXED WITH MUFFLED CHATTERING VOICES woke the young girl awake causing her eyes to flutter open as she squinted at the lamp next to her almost angrily that she was woken up in the middle of her sleep

The girl let out an irritated groan as she pushed herself up rubbing her eyes to let out a huff glancing at the group of girls who were gathered by the staircase trying to all get through at once.
"One at a time!" lavender hissed out as she tried to push by a few girls earning a hiss of pain from them as she was pushed into a wall.

"Will you all just shut it?!" Aria exclaimed exasperated gaining some of the attention of her fellow Gryffindors. "What on earth is going on?"
Hermione awkwardly glanced towards Ginny clearing her throat, "Well.. um.. the boy's they.." Hermione began hesitantly.
"They what?" Aria asked "Raided the common room? Drank one to many butter beers?"

"For merlin's sake!" Lavender exclaimed throwing her arms down and facing the girl, "Sirius Black was here!"
Aria felt her face drop as she jumped out of bed her feet landing on the cold floor and pulled on her dressing gowns rushed over to where the girls were exclaiming, "Get out of my way!"

Without thinking twice the girls separated and shortly everyone was piling into the common room.
"Perce-- Sirius Black!" Ron stated faintly towards his brother, "In our dormitory! With a knife! Woke me up!"

With that sentence the common room went very still.
"Nonsense!" Percy piped up looking startled "You had too much to eat, Ron -- had a nightmare ---"
"I'm telling you ---"
"Now, really, enough's enough!"

Professor McGonagall was back, she had slammed the portrait behind her as she entered the common room and stared at the group of students furiously.
"I am delighted that Gryffindor won the match, but this is getting ridiculous! Percy, I expected better of you!"
"I certainly didn't authorize this, Professor!" Percy defended himself "I was just telling them all to get back to bed! My brother Ron here had a nightmare"
"IT WASN'T A NIGHTMARE!" Ron yelled startling Aria, "PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP, AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME, HOLDING A KNIFE!"
"Don't be ridiculous, Weasley, how could he possibly have gotten through the portrait hole?"
"Ask him!" Ron exclaimed pointing a finger at Sir Cadogan's picture "Ask him if he saw --"

McGonagall glared suspiciously at Ron before pushing the portrait back open and going outside causing the whole common room to grow quiet again and listen carefully.

"Sir Cadogan, did you just let a man enter Gryffindor Tower?" McGonagall questioned
"Certainly, good lady!" Sir Cadogan exclaimed in a reply.
"You -- you did?" McGonagall asked baffled "But -- but the password!"

"He had' em!" Sir Cadogan stated proudly "Had the whole week's, my lady! Read 'em off a little piece of paper!"
Professor McGonagall pulled herself back through the portrait hole staring at the stunned crowd.
"Which person," she asked her voice shaking "which abysmally foolish person wrote down this week's passwords and left them lying around?"