Chapter 37: Decision

Ellie's POV

"You took long." Daniella remarked when I emerged from my trailer home.

I glanced at my phone. I was fifteen minutes late. I had dawdled that much between washing the sheets and taking a shower. I still had a terrible stomachache and pain killers weren't really helping.

"Are you okay?" Danny asked me as I walked over to her car in a slouching position.

"Periods. My stomach hurts." I mumbled. She didn't say anything as she also got inside the car. I was glad she wasn't talking to me because I felt nauseous from pain. Maybe I should go back home, I thought the moment she started the car. I was going to ask her about it when I got a call from Obivan. I took it only because I knew the guy rarely called anyone.

"Kid, you've been missing a lot of classes. What are you doing?" He asked me, sounding a bid peeved.

"Um, I am sorry. I am having my periods." I mumbled and then there was a long pause.

"Are you really going to give me that nonsense of an excuse?" He muttered with a sigh.

"It's painful." I said with a pout.

"Well, make up your mind. Do you really want to win the tournament or play at being pathetic little girl?" He asked in an irritated tone.

"When you make up your mind, let me know. I really don't have time to waste." He said and cut the call. I stared at my phone with wide eyes. I had probably pissed him off. Everyone in that mansion said he was a very busy man training all other members in his gang. To him, I was probably very irritating.

Usually he wasn't an irritable person but he could get quite annoyed when he sees anyone giving in to pain. He wants me to believe pain is a figment of the imagination rather than something real. How is that even possible? Ugh. On second thought I shouldn't have said that to him. He can be nice but given his background he just doesn't understand when someone cries out of exhaustion or pain.

"I should have lied. My teacher doesn't understand pain." I told Daniella. She gave me a weird look. But she just shrugged.

I looked at her. She seemed a bit weird this morning.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I asked her and Daniella said "yup" quite easily without taking her eyes off the road. I glanced out. It looked like we were going to school.

"Hey, are we going to school?" I asked her and Daniella glanced at me.

"Yeah. I need to get some stuff and then we will head back." She said. I nodded as we pulled into the school's parking lot.

"Do you want to come along with me?" She asked me.

"No. I will sit here." I said with a smile.

"Come on. The pain becomes less if you walk around a bit." She told me and I wondered if that was true. My memory of having periods was vague. After the first time I had it, I've been determined never to have it again. So, I've always kept eating medicines which I got over the internet.

I pouted but decided to do as she asked. I followed her through the school hallway. Since it was the weekend, no one was around. I watched Danny walk over to the school's P.E equipment shed which was away from the main school premises.

"Did you keep it in the equipment room?" I asked Daniella as I caught up to her. Her face looked serious as if she was deep in thought.

"Hey!" I called her again and she looked at me. She looked like she was wondering about something.