Chapter 33: Wasted plans

The day progressed and I couldn't go back to sleep. I figured, I should buy breakfast for Levi using the coins in the piggy bank. I owed so much to him already after all he had spent on me to get me out of trouble. When I came back from shopping, Levi was up. He seemed surprised to see me come in. My face burned to see him wearing nothing but a towel. I turned around quickly. I could tell Levi was also in a frenzy to quickly get dressed. He cleared his throat when he was done. I turned around to look at him and he had a small frown on his face. He looked at the shopping bag in my hand and then looked at my face.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me, sounding more curious than angry.

"I was getting breakfast. You were drunk last night and I was around the area." I said vaguely. He blinked at that.

"Wait! You were here since last night?" He asked me in surprise. It was then that I realized he didn't see me when he first woke up this morning.

"Y-Yeah." I said reluctantly, waiting for him to remember everything that happened. He looked like he was trying hard to remember.

"I..remember being drunk and.." He stopped there, his face going pale.

"Please tell me I didn't create a real scene." He said, looking horrified at me.

I looked at him for the longest time. "Well, you did have your superman moment." I felt like saying it and he covered his face, looking like he wanted to die from shame.

"Oh god! Did I try jumping out of the window?" He asked me with dread.

I smiled. It seemed he remembered. "Yeah. You wanted to jump out of the window with me." I told him.

He groaned at that and then went silent before looking up at me. "What..happened afterwards?" He asked me hesitantly, looking like he feared what I would say.

The silence dragged on with him looking more worried as it went on. He stared at me tensely and I sighed.

"You went to sleep." I told him and he gave a deep sigh of relief.

"Thank god!" He muttered and I glanced at him.

"Thank god?" I asked him, feeling very uneasy. Does that mean he didn't want it to happen? I wondered. I think he remembered what happened but wanted to believe it was a dream..possibly a nightmare. But he loved me didn't he?

"Well, last night was like a nightmare..seeing weird dreams." He said with a relieved shrug.

"Weird..good or weird bad?" I felt like I should ask.

"More like weird impossible." He stated.

"Impossible?" I mused as I stared at him, rubbing against my chest where he had left a hickey. But he couldn't see it through my t-shirt.

"Well..yeah." He said, uncaringly.

"Is it impossible because it was good or..bad?" I asked again. He looked at me curiously.

"Does it matter? It's best to forget it." He said, looking away from me quickly. Forget? Wait! But..I stared at him uneasily. I should probably tell him about what happened but then what? He would wonder why I reminded him of it and I wouldn't have a good answer.

"What happened to your face?" He asked me as he came over to me.

"I didn't hit you, did I?" He asked me with wide eyes.

"No. No..It happened in last night's match." I said and he gaped at me.

"What match?" He asked me seriously and I bit my lips. Damn! I didn't really want to tell him that. But wait! Actually I secretly did want to tell him.