33.0 | The necklace

~Luna's POV~

"You guys are the smith family?" the doctor asked coming out of my moms room. "yes is everything okay?" my dad asked frantically. "we finished surgery but her lungs are cut and are doing really bad she's gonna need a lung transplant" he said as my heart dropped. "can we test see if were a match?" I asked as he nodded.

"yes of course is this all of you?" he asked us "we have three little ones can they do it to?" my dad asked as he shrugged. "depending on how formed it is we have to see their lungs" the doctor said "I'll call David in the meanwhile let's test to see if we match" I said making them nod.

I walked down the hall and called David putting the phone to my ear and he answered fast. "is everything okay?" David asked "my mom needs a new lung to survive and we need to see whos a match" I said wipping my tears away. "can you bring them up here so we can see" I asked sobbing a little bit. "of course we'll be there soon" he said "thank you" I said then hanging up the phone.

~~~

David had brought the kids to the hospital and we were all waiting to see the results from the test. I was pacing back and forth while trying to not cry "it's gonna be okay" David said rubbing my back. I was mad at David but I couldn't think about that right now I hugged him and started crying into his shoulder I couldn't even help it.

"what's the news" I heard my dad say making me look up and see the doctor I walked past David and over to them. "I'm sorry none of you were a match" he said making me sigh "she's gonna have to go on the doners list but we can't promise she will get a new lung" he said as I started crying.

"can we at least see her?" I asked as he nodded "you guys can go in but I have to talk to you" he said pointing at my dad. I opened her room door and walked inside she was laying on the bed with tubes going into her body. "no questo e male" (no this is bad) Marco said as we walked inside. I walked to her bed side and sat down holding her hand.

~David's POV~

It hurt me seeing Luna like this and there was nothing that I could have done. I was watching them from the hall because it didn't feel right going in with her. "you guys don't have insurance and can't pay her medical bill" I heard the doctor say to Luna's dad. "I'm sorry but if you can't pay it we have to pull the plug" the doctor said making me turn around.

"no no no you can't do that" Lunas dad said as he started crying. "sir I'll pay it" I said to the docotor as he looked at me confused. "you don't even know how much-" he started "I don't care" I said as he shrugged. "meet me in the front" he said sighing and walking away "david no" Lunas dad said as I shook my head.

"yes your wifes life is important" I said as he hugged me "thank you so much" he said as I hugged him back. "if I do this can you promise me something?" I asked as we pulled away "anything" he said nodding "don't tell Luna I paid she's mad at me right now" I said as he nodded. I turned around and walked to the front desk.

~Luna's POV~

"don't tell Luna she's mad at me right now" David said oh my god is David really gonna do that for us? I walked out of my moms room and my dad walked in by himself. "what if mom dies" Marco said looking at me "she won't die" I said shaking my head "I know she won't" I said holding his shoulder.

It was later that night and we were at the hospital it was around 2 in the morning and everyone was sleeping in my moms room. I was the only one up I was sitting next to her bed and David was sitting next to me sleeping. I was holding my moms hand and staring at her. "mom I don't know if you can hear me but you need to wake up please we need you here with us" I said as I was crying.

"I love you so much and want you to be here" I said as I was trying to stay quiet while crying. I held my head down and cried softly "Luna" she said making me look up at her "mom?" I said as she opened her eyes. "Listen to me" she said as I got quiet she slowly took off her diamond necklace and handed it to me. "I'm not gonna make it I know I'm not please take this and don't forget about me I love you so much" she said as I held the necklace in my hand.

"don't say that mama" I said as she shook her head she was about to say something then her eyes closed. The horrid noise of the flatline came up and I screamed causing people to wake up "get a doctor!" I heard my dad yell as I was staring at my mom. "everyone get out now!" the doctor said running to my moms side.

David grabbed me and pushed me out the room "she woke up" I said as tears were going down my face. "she woke up and was talking to me she gave me her necklace" I said showing them the necklace. "she was just alive" I said falling to the ground while crying it was quiet the whole hallway filled with silence then the words no one wanted to hear.

"time of death 2:36"

(A/N) sorry for the really sad chapters but I wanted more in this book and I like it so I'm gonna keep in it