Jimin-Try

A/N: Happy New Year everybody! ♡ I wish everybody a prosperous year! Jimin's new song was just perfect to end the year so we're ending it with a Jimin chapter—

warning: angsty ;)

-

It was New Year's Eve, and Jimin was anxiously waiting on the couch with his leg bouncing and his heart pounding against his chest. Checking his watch, he knew it was the hour you'd come home.

After a few minutes, he heard the door unlock. In response, his heart palpitated faster, and his head snapped up. You came home from a long day at work, and you opened your front door. You stumbled inside, closing the door behind you. When you looked forward, you saw him sitting on the couch. Your breath hitched from shock, and the two of you just stared at each other for a few seconds.

You shifted uncomfortably, "Wh-What are you doing here?" You asked lowly, looking at the wooden floor of your household.

"Y/N..." He says, getting up and walking towards you. He stands in front of you, towering you. He looks at you with pain and guilt. There's an awkward pause until he breaks it.

"Can we... try?" He slowly asks, anticipating on your reaction.

"We already tried. You didn't try hard enough." You said, coldly. You felt drained. The old memories rushed back, making you feel overwhelmed.

"Please Jimin, just leave." You softly say, stepping to the left to walk away, but he stepped in front of you to block your way.

Then, he wraps his arms around your exhausted, petite form. For a second, his warm breath tickles your ear, but he dives into your hair, holding you tighter.

He starts sniffling, "I'm sorry. I-I'm sorry. Please. I can't- I miss you so much. I'll try my best. Another chance, please." He begged.

You find yourself on the brink of tears, feeling an uncomfortable sensation in your chest, "Jimin-"

"I love you." He interrupts, breath hitching. You blink faster, trying to register his words. You stayed silent while your heart felt spikes entering.

"I'm sorry I didn't say it earlier. It didn't feel right if I didn't mean it. I love you so much, Y/N. Please give me another chance. I'll try. I'll try hard."

You tiredly sigh, "You were so distant. Sometimes, I couldn't find where you were at night. I couldn't call you most of the time. It seemed like you were with someone else most of the time. We got into a lot of fights, and you'd leave most of the time." You paused, blinking back the tears, "Y-You were absent a-and I was... alone and hurt." You whimpered, shaking against the male.

He softened, hearing the crack in your voice, feeling terrible and an immense gust of guilt. He holds you tighter, "I'm sorry for being distant. It's my fault that we didn't work— I know. I'm just asking for another chance- Please. I feel completely awful for hurting you. I'm sorry. I promise I didn't mean to." He says, whispering at the end.

Your tears continued to fall silently. Your chin wobbled as you pursed your lips tightly. You let the warmth of his arms sink into your body as you closed your eyes.

"I'm sorry too." You whispered, trying to get out of his embrace.

"No," He whispers, not letting go. "Please." He pleads with a voice crack, not wanting it to be over. He genuinely wanted another chance. He had been up for the past week, trying to think of a way to approach you. This has been haunting him for a whole month.

"I'm tired, Jimin. I-I don't want to do it anymore." You say, trying to fight the urge to wrap your own arms around his torso. Your heart burned to do so, but your mind restrained you.

Jimin takes his arms away from you, looking at you. You stand there, wanting to be in his embrace again. The lack of body heat made you shiver for a second. He suddenly backs you up to the closest wall, and you notice his red, pained eyes that yearned for you. You were crying, too. His heart hurt, seeing you cry because of him.

He stares at your lips, planting his own plump pair on yours. He presses gently, causing his tears to fall free. The kiss tasted salty due to each others' tears. It was a painful kiss. Soon, you let the resist take over, moving your own lips against his wild ones.

Both running out of oxygen, he pulls away first. You let out an ugly sob, one after the other. You fell into the well again.

Jimin wipes his tears away with the ends of his sleeve, stepping forward to cup your swollen face. He wipes your tears away with his thumbs, finding himself sniffling.

He swallows the lump in his throat, "I love you. I need another chance, Y/N." He whimpers out. His shaky hands go on the sides of your arms, rubbing them soothingly. You look up, meeting with his shiny orbs. You felt yourself almost crying again. You gulped, straining yourself from another ugly noise coming out. You sighed in defeat, letting yourself drown in his well, "O-Okay."

You saw his shiny set of eyes light up and go into horizontal lines. He gave you a genuine smile, letting out a pained, pathetic laugh. He steps forward, hugging you again.

You cry softly of relief, "I miss you." You say quietly, finally wrapping your own arms around his torso. Your arms never met together due to their shortness which Jimin found the cutest.

"I've missed you too." He replied, planting a quick kiss on your head.

"It's 2019 in a few hours." He reminded, mumbling in your hair.

You nodded, "Yeah." You say quietly, thinking about your original plan to do nothing tonight.

"You go shower. I'll prepare your favorite dinner." Jimin says, pulling away.

"You remember," You whisper, looking down. "You like it when I cook, right?" He says confidently, smirking a little. You nodded shamelessly, sniffling. "Stop crying alreadyyy," He cooed, wiping your remaining tears away.

He cups your face again, and you grab a hold of his wrist, nodding. You let go, leading yourself to the stairs. You sighed, smiling lightly.

We're trying.

-

"Two minutes away." Jimin announces, causing you to smack him lightly while smiling, "Can you not say it every single minute? I can see the timer on the TV."

Jimin chuckles, "I'm excited to go to the new year with you and make things right." He says, slowly bending over you. You fell on the couch, your back straight with the cushions. He hovered over you, looking at you with lustful eyes. However, there was a shift to loving ones. He lowers his head down to kiss you. He lightly kisses your lips, your chin and down to your neck. He smiles, sitting back up with you blushing madly.

You situated yourself up and leaned your head on his shoulder.

"A few more seconds..." He whispers, staring at the TV. Screaming and cheers could be heard from the TV, but all you focused on was getting some sleep.

"Happy New Year!" Jimin shouts, alerting you. He turns to you and kisses your lips once again. You chuckled against the kiss, smiling.

"Happy New Year."