Chapter 9

A/N: Happy Valentine's Day my little matches! Year of the dog! Also, I am super excited because I have been having writers block, but now it's gone. YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Pic of Rayna, One of my best friends whom I based the character off of. P!ATD for the adventerous part of this chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ughhh... When will these two stop arguing, they haven't stopped since we met her 2 days ago.. Is the only thing I can think as we sit at the table I made out of wood in the clearing we found on our journey.

"Who died and made you queen of the table? If I want to eat boar for breakfast, then I will." Jaexon states as Rayna tries to convince him otherwise. I roll my eyes and snap my fingers, making the boar meat freeze. Jaexon just huffs and puts the meat away. "We will be sticking to the food that matches the meal. For breakfast, we will have fruit."

I snap my fingers, causing plants to grow around us with a variety of fruits. I grabbed a red fruit, with tiny seeds on the outside that was bursting with sweet flavor. "Why fruit?" groans Jaexon. Rayna chuckles and says, "Maybe because they are known to be natural energy creators. Or I know, maybe because the coven leader said so, dick?"

"Rayna, stop goading him." Lyreah says as her and Ollie come back from the river. "Here is the water you asked for Luke." I smile and nod, being polite and not speaking with the fruit in my mouth. As the two lovers join us, Raedon comes to us from where we set up camp with all our bags. "Alright, we are packed. Anything else before I eat?" he asks.

"A kiss maybe?" I giggle and motion him with my finger. He leans down and pecks my lips. I create another chair for him and we all eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AFTER BREAKFAST:

"Alright. So we have a little time before we have to set off again. We can train one on one, in pairs or we can do group fights. Votes?" I ask as I clear the table, all the plants and seats. Jaexon smirks and says, "How about pairs?" Everyone nods and I shrug. "Okay. Lyreah, will you please create a box?"

Lyreah nods and creates a box shield so our powers don't destroy the surrounding area. "The first two pairs will fight, then the winner fights the other pair.  Now, so we can get more comfortable fighting with each other, we will be fighting in pairs we would not normally."

Everyone nods and look at me, waiting for my decisions. "Lyreah, you are with Jaexon. Ollie, you are with Raedon. Rayna, you are with me. Lyreah and Jaexon, take a seat outside the box please." They move out of the box, taking a seat on the ground. I snap my fingers, outlining the box in the earth.

"The objective is to either subdue your opponent, or force them out of the box. You guys ready?" I ask as I remove my jacket and get in a fighting stance. The other three nod, and get into fighting stances as well. Rayna, can you hear me? I think as we start to slowly circle the boys, who have taken position in the middle of the box.

Loud and clear, Lukas. What's the plan? As I think the plan I formulated to her head, I can see Ollie setting up traps spread out through the box. I mark each of them off in my head, making sure Rayna knows. Then, we begin.

Rayna races forward and must have heard Raedon's thoughts, as she ducked as a spear went over her head. She jumps over a trap, and before she lands, sends me a look before shoving Raedon away from Oleander. Ollie just shrugs and races towards me, pulling out his favorite weapons, throwing knives that double as spinners. (Spinners are knives that if you rotate them once, the end that is outward becomes heavier, causing the spin to continue.)