Prologue

A/N: I will make a note in the story why I chose Radioactive for the prologue chapter. Love you my matches!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The stranger walked along the green land and wished that it would stay that way forever. But the witches had predicted the volcano on the edge of the land would erupt, and they were rarely wrong. The stranger sighed, thinking of the outrage that the members of the council had shown when the witches had come forward with the information.

It had taken several tries to keep them quiet, and even then you could feel the seething heat of their rage underneath the cold, blank faces they had. The witches continued on to say that they could not predict an exact date, but knew it was going to be within the next two months.

The stranger sighed again, pulling his hood closer to his face in order to not be recognized. He remembered that the witches had said that the ash would not go very far, and the tunnels that surrounded the volcano would take most, if not all the lava. The stranger could not help but to hope the ash would not settle over his hometown, but also reminded himself that everytime he hoped, it had been crushed. His first, and second, loves killed at the end of the Race War, the inability to produce children together, the rising panic over the volcano.

As he was finishing that thought, he suddenly heard a thunderous roar and looked to see the top of the volcano exploding. He rushed toward the village, towards the volcano, hoping to stop any possible damage. He reaches the village in time to see vampires and werewolves speeding around, carrying humans to safe spots while witches threw up walls of different elements in order to stop any overflow. The stranger heard another roar, and watched as a flying beast came hurtling out of the volcano.

It beat it's wings, but the stranger could see it was old and tired. The beast flew towards the village, something clutched in it's claw. As it beat it's wings right in front of the witches' walls, it looked straight at the stranger and seemed to speak in his mind.

I know who you are, it said. I am the last of my race, the dragons. We have been in hiding ever since the beginning of the Race War. I hold in my claw the sole dragonling that was produced by the last Brood Mother. I have seen it's future. It is not meant for any but your great-grandson, the chosen champion of the witches. Take the egg back into the volcano after it has finished it's eruption. Inside, you will find an alcove that is just big enough for the egg. Place it there, and tell no one but your child where it is. Tell them the whole story, and make them swear only to tell their child, and so on. I know I have not allowed you to say anything, but my time comes to an end. Please do as I ask. It is for the future of Titron that I ask this of you. As the dragon says that final line, he places the egg on the ground outside the farthest wall.

He then flaps his wings one last time before turning and shooting ice from his maw, freezing the oncoming lava. He turns back to the stranger, and whispers in his mind, Thank you King Grislo...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
182 years later....

As he watched the little boy grab his hand and squeeze, he remembers his father's words: "Son, whatever you do, do not let that boy be at the fate of destiny. If you feel you can teach him to be ready for his true purpose, keep him. If you think his mother and her coven would be better suited, then make that call. Just know that if you claim that boy as yours before his 18th birthday, he will be forced to claim the throne before he can fulfill his true purpose."

King Edwin looks again at the forest green eyes with flecks of gold and red and light brown hair that is barely there, and thinks, I can not do this to my child. I must do what I can to prepare him so I may claim him as mine someday. And with that thought, Edwin called for a messenger to be sent to his consort's coven, along with the baby.

As the messenger prepared himself, King Edwin thinks about the land on which the coven lives. It is the one town still covered in ash from the eruption 182 years ago. (Waking up, from ash and dust....) His grandfather's hometown, before he became King. King Edwin takes one last look at his heir and says, "Goodbye, Lukas. I will claim you one day, and you will be a great king."

A Fifth Of A HeartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara