4. Flashback, Thirteen Years Old

Molly and I moved back into dad's house after two months. Dad and I are like normal. I still couldn't get it out of my head. How he thought I was a disappointment. But, I've still spent my time at Ms. WickeeBee's. She's been so sick that she's been barely able to talk, but we manage. I've taken her to doctor appointments, but she wouldn't ever let me know any information. Besides that, Harvey and I been dating for about a year, we've become closer, but he still doesn't want anyone to know. Jamila and I don't talk as much as before. She said she needs more time, from when I rejected her. So, it was like before. She stares at me in the hallways when people beat me, she used to stand up for me. But, she always would just stand there.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Ugh!" I groaned as I got off my bed, I grabbed my black sweat pants and a gray long-sleeved shirt. I grabbed my backpack, I stayed up till 3 AM, last night. I was busy finishing my homework and Molly needed help with her's. It was now 7:30. Ms. WickeeBee got a maid, just to help her because she noticed that I haven't been getting enough sleep. Her soul is too kind. She's been paying me because she's been feeling guilty.

"Hey, loser!" Mark said as he elbowed me in my ribs. I let out a loud groan. We were behind the school; I always enter from there. Harvey shot his head towards me, he was running to me now.

"Hey!" He shouted.

"Is he really going to help me? In public?" I thought inside my head, my face showing a plea for help. He walked over to him and punched him, he fell straight to the ground.

"Only I bully this tweeb!" Harvey shouted. Mark nodded, fearfully.

Mark then smirked, when he saw Harvey's eyes soften when they looked at me. "Well, then, punch him. Beat him." He stated. I sent a pleading look that was saying No! Harvey was staring at him, with a glare and nodded.

"Okay." He walked towards me, brought his fist up, "sorry." He whispered.

I instantly felt pain in my ribs. "AHH!" I shouted, grabbing my ribs. "P-pl-please! Stop!" I shouted, pleading, and pleading him, to stop. I fell to the ground when something made my legs go numb. He punched my face, my lips were now really wet. My nose hurt, my ribs hurt, my legs hurt, my heart hurt. "S-stop," I said, barely a whisper. I looked at Harvey, as his eyes were full of hatred, anger, and disgust.

"Y-YOU FAGGOT!" He kept shouting and he kicks me. "YOU'RE GROSS." He then started to punch me. He stopped for a minute, looking around at the now giant circle around us. "Stand up." He said, calmly.

I obeyed. Or, I tried to. I picked myself up, "Argh," I said loudly, in pain as I barely stood. I looked around at the people, to avoid his eyes. Jamila. She looked at me. She had pitiful look on her face, I hated it.

"Well?" He said, with his elbows crossed over his chest. "LEAVE!" He shouted at everyone, and they all scattered. I was ready to get told the most loving words from him as everyone left.

"W-why'd y-yo-you do that?" I asked, looking down.

"Oh, what? Do you think I wouldn't beat you if you fucking told everyone? Who mother fucker, you cheated on me, and got a girl pregnant, I know that you're moving away, what're you going to do now?" He asked as he walked towards me, I was speechless.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, finally looking at his eyes. They were full of hatred.

"You fucked a girl, and you wouldn't even let me do anything besides fucking cuddling you, what the hell?" He looked at me but pushed me to the floor. "Why?" He looked at me, sadly.