couple of kids [peter parker]

Začít od začátku

When it came to your relationship with your ex, he wasn't too fond of him when you did date. He never abused or manipulated you, but there was something about him that put him off. Peter clarified his dislikeness was not out of jealousy but more embetterment towards you. That Ethan was getting nowhere with his life and the fact he still lived with his parents wasn't helping you picturing a life with him, a picket white fence life you wanted so badly.

Peter knew you had a plan for everything and a future drawn in great detail while Ethan was on the opposite side of the spectrum. He didn't want you worrying about when your—now ex—boyfriend was hitting dead ends and you were paving a road of success. Peter didn't want you constantly having to pick him up when he fell down, he didn't want Ethan holding you back.

You weren't going to lie to yourself that Peter was right sometimes, but for some reason, you became more stubborn and rebelled against him. He always said you should be treated better which followed by you instantly denying what he was saying, reminding him he has never been in a relationship and wouldn't understand.

Even though those comments hurt his feelings, Peter was there for you after every fight you had with Ethan. Every time you and him yelled at each other so booming, your voices cracked and developed scratchy into the next morning. Crazy late nights when you told each other you couldn't stand one another or any instance where you two disagreed, Peter would be on the other side of the phone or even on the outside of your door.

On-and-off was the norm for you and Ethan, but this was the last time and you didn't see it coming.

Your stubbornness didn't have the will to tell your best friend about your sudden heartbreak. You assumed he would have a happy reaction to the news and feared the  number of "i told you so's" that would be hard pill you already swallowed. But then again, you knew Peter wasn't the type of person to rub something like this in your face.

But for him to be right all along after this rollercoaster of a relationship, were you really expecting him to react any other way? You felt embarrassed for not taking his advice and filled yourself with unnecessary regret for not listening.

While you woke up that day heartbroken, Peter stood in line at the local coffee shop. It was the first Sunday of Christmas break and he thought a nice way to kick off a month off would be two hot chocolates topped with soft marshmallows.

As he took a few steps forward to the space in front of him, Peter slid his phone from his jacket pocket and saw there was no reply to his text from the previous night. He shrugged it off, thinking you were taking advantage of sleeping in.

He had a recyclable cup holder in one hand while the other hand tucked in his front, jean pocket. Peter was ready to annoy you by walking in your always-opened door but the deadbolt was locked. His eyebrows furrowed, leaning his ear toward the door and tapping his knuckles against the wood.

"Y/N? You there?" Peter asked concerned.

He only heard silence on the other side because you were in the shower, trying to steam the stress away.

After waiting there a few more seconds, Peter hesitated to knock again. He froze but took back his hand, deciding you were busy at your parents house that was out of state or still sleeping. Keeping those thoughts in mind, Peter walked away to Ned's apartment that was only a block away. Once Peter arrived there, he excused himself to Ned's bedroom to call you.

"Hey it's Y/N. Leave a message at the beep." Your sweet voice spoke.

"Hey, uh- It's Peter. Well, you know that, but.. I assumed you went home for the holidays. I stopped by and you didn't answer.. Is everything okay? Call me." He secured his thin lips together before ending the message there, stopping his nervous pace around the room.