Chapter Thirty-Eight: Suck Out Their Soul.

dedicated to BhavikaAshokMalik for the covers at the top and bottom for the chapter. Thank you <3

trigger warning: mention of suicide attempt.

Chapter Thirty-Eight: "Suck Out Their Soul."

I KNOCKED ON THE door of the guest room that honestly should have Caleb's name imprinted on it. I felt like if possible, he would find a way to make sure it said 'Romero' on a golden plaque. A quick shout to let me know it was okay to enter, I opened the door, spotting the man lying flat on his stomach, eyes concentrated at the screen.

I haven't spoken to him since last night-last morning I would say. I left him to his thoughts, I knew he needed alone time and I was going to give that to him. Besides that, I was dealing with the fact that I had told him what I said that night.

His eyes tore off the screen just when I closed the door behind me and there was a huge grin on his face at the sight of me, making my heart flutter. "Hey."

I almost sighed in relief. That's the expression I wanted. Not the harshness on his face from the other night.

Our easy-going energy was back. Not the intensity we both had suffered sharing something we didn't usually expose with other people. 

"Hey," I said back, closing the door behind me as a wail sounded from Charlie's room.

I headed over to Caleb, lying down next to him. I pushed his big head slightly to take a glance at his laptop and he groaned dramatically, pushing me back playfully but allowing me to see. A frown came onto my face at the words-no, drawing on the screen.

But to be honest, if I holed myself up in this room for the past few days writing my butt off, I would start drawing nonsense to kill time too.

He wiggled the laptop pen in his hand, drawing the outer circles then inner circles. "Is that a swimming pool of donuts?" I asked, tilting my head.

"I really wanted donuts earlier." He said while drawing a stick man jumping into the pool of donuts. He wrote his name above the figure. "A masterpiece."

My scoff must've sounded very displeased because suddenly he turned me onto my back and maneuvered his way over me, his forearms resting on either side of my head and his laptop left disregarded.

"You should've texted," My voice came out quieter and I wasn't sure what to do with our proximity for once. "Macy and I stopped by the nicest bakery today."

"I'm sorry I haven't been around to show you much."

"No, no, it's okay," I honestly assured him. "I think she needed to go out and about more than I did. She hasn't been able to use her camera outside much either and it was perfect since I love playing model. It's been really fun."

"Yeah?"

I nodded. "Plus, you've been getting a lot of things done, no?"

"A lot, yeah," He said, and my eyes lingered on the way his mouth moved. "Different places, same people-great people, just anything."

I licked my lips and he must've noticed because he smirked. "Alright down there?"

A breathy laugh left my lips. "I'm alright."

"Hmm?" He shifted, getting off me to lay half his body down, his top half looming over me. He put his hands on my waist, pulling me to him, his eyes teasing, glinting and I held in my breath. "Still alright?"