Chapter Eighteen: I'll Wack You Back To Canada.

300K+ and that's awesome

Chapter Eighteen: "I'll Wack You Back To Canada." 

NAOMI OKONJI WAS my shorter half. She's a lot nicer than I ever would be. A lot wiser than I would be too. Whereas I would be finding my way to the latest party, Naomi would be sitting in her room studying her ass off-

Not always.

She's the same one who had shown me how she'd sneak out of the family house to meet one of her past boyfriends at 1 AM when mom and dad were both sound asleep.

We sat at the dining table, Beyoncé blaring through the sound system of the house. Her hair was in box braids and my own encased under a wig that matched the colour of my natural hair. Her nails were painted black and her eyebrow had a nick that she usually covered up with makeup whenever we went home. The rings on her fingers were cute along with the black jeans she was wearing with the metal hoops on her belt.

"Daniel's stressing," Naomi told me, eating a banana. She had one leg propped on the chair and the other stretched out. Her Beats headphones that I had gotten her for Christmas hung around her neck, and yet I could see her AirPods bulging out of her pocket.

"Over what?" I had to ask.

"Over life," She rolled her eyes at the thought of our little brother. "It's his anniversary with his girlfriend next week and he doesn't know what to get her."

"Let's hope he didn't get her what he got last time," I commented.

"You mean the ugly bracelet?" Naomi rhetorically asked. It wasn't an ugly bracelet. It was THE ugly bracelet.

"I told him, 'let me come with you to help you pick it out'," I mocked. "Then his dumb ass decides to go and buy it with one of his old soccer buddies. No, never again. Quick question, when is he proposing?"

Daniel's been with his girlfriend for almost three years. They both had steady jobs, currently living near one another, seeing each other as often as they could. I think our entire family was questioning when he was going to do it at this point.

"I was on the phone with him and mom the other day and she asked him 'where are my grandchildren'?"

"Oh my God." I burst out laughing. "Are you serious?"

"She wasn't joking," Naomi said seriously but there was a smirk on my sister's face. "He changed the topic so fast."

I heard the door open and familiar voices come through. Naomi's eyebrows rose as she swivelled her head at the threshold. Angie came in first, gasping when she saw my sister. "Naomi!" She placed her shopping bags on the table, running over to give her a huge hug.

I looked over at the shopping bags she had been carrying. That was a lot of clothes.

"Naomi!" I heard Krystal yell, dropping her own bags on the table to give my sister a hug. Also, another huge pile of bags filled with clothing.

"Caleb!" The man himself said, walking into the room with open arms. He had sunglasses on his head, pushing his wavy hair up and out of his face so they curled around. He fixed his brown eyes on me as I fixed my stare on his tattoo that was heavily noticeable against the white fabric of his t-shirt. "Everyone's hugging, October, you have to give me a hug."

I got up, walking over to him slowly when I noticed that he didn't have any bags on him. "I thought you went shopping?"

"I didn't go shopping," He said, taking his sunglasses off his head. He put them in his pocket, using his other hand to run through his hair. "I was just the chauffeur for the day. Now, where's my hug?"