Chapter Thirty-One: I Would Love To Get Into A Cheating Scandal.

Start from the beginning

I shrugged. "Essentially."

"How did this even happen? Press show up?" She questioned as I passed the ball back with a nod.

"He didn't even mean to blurt out anything like that. They just kept asking questions about Keith. He said it when I got uncomfortable but we're not together." I clarified.

"Damn, you two would make a hot couple," Krystal commented just as Angie tried faking her way around me, but I was quicker than that. I slapped the ball away from her hand, dribbling the ball between my legs before cutting her off as she tried to reach out for it and took a shot from where I stood.

I watched the ball go in with a swish, giving her my snarkiest grin and she scowled at me. "Bitch."

"Benchwarmer." I shot back and she rolled her eyes, contrasting the smile on her face.

I headed over to where Angie had previously stood as she got the ball. "I guess so," I said in relation to Krystal's comment. "But we're good friends and it's great publicity for the movie."

"The screenwriter and the lead actress dating? That's a new one," Angie mentioned and she would know. She has gotten to talk to every type of person in our industry and has seen multiple people get together. "Imagine interviews? Your fanbases would be screaming and going crazy when you both just look at each other."

"Give it a week," Krystal flicked through her phone. "There are going to be pictures of what your children would look like."

My hands automatically shoved themselves into my pockets and I stared at the ground for a second before pulling myself out of my thoughts at Angie's next words. "This gives you both a much better excuse to go to places to show off your new man."

"Went to said places before I had a man thank you very much," I couldn't help but say, remembering my days before I got into a relationship pre-Keith. But post-Keith? The spiral of my 'hibernation phase' as Sydney and Zen would call it occurred. 

Angie tossed me the ball. "Does Giulio know?"

"He'll know soon enough." The internet was everywhere and he had access to these beings called people, he'll find out. I was certain I knew his reaction already and when the time to deal with then I'll see the action of talking to him through.

"Are you guys still not talking?" Krystal asked her eyes stuck on her phone.

"I'll talk to him when I want to talk to him," I told them both. 

"Got it." They both said simultaneously, and I didn't have to ask again. Once again, my friends-no matter how crazy they could be-were, without a doubt, loyal.

Krystal scoffed, staring at her screen. She took a hairband while looking down at it, tying her platinum hair into a high ponytail. "Keith, by the way, is getting bashed everywhere. There are memes created about him on Reddit. This is gold."

"Really?" I tried to fight the smile on my face but couldn't help it. Not at the fact that he was getting bashed by other people but at the fact that karma came to him even though I barely did anything.  

Krystal nodded, walking over to show me her phone. I scrolled and scrolled through countless social media; what was trending, the hashtags, the pictures going through the article of what he had said.

Caleb was right, Keith would never know what was coming.

"A lot of people like the two of you together," Krystal added, and Angie bounced the ball as she almost ran over to us in excitement. And here we were, the three of us reading comments in the driveway, smiles on our faces at the thought of Keith falling off the ladder he thought he had put himself on.