Chapter 10

“Harry, how good are you at pre-calculus?” Louis sighed. He and Harry were on Harry’s bed, the wolf sprawled out with Louis sitting between his legs as he tried to complete his homework. He generally had Niall helping him, but Zayn had taken the blonde out on a date, which left Louis without a study partner. Not that he minded too much, the couple needed time out every once and awhile.

Harry pushed himself up, wrapping his arms around Louis and kissing the omegas shoulder, “I’m alright. I’m more of an English kind of guy, why?”

“I can’t get this problem,” Louis huffed. “I’ve been stuck on it for like fifteen minutes now.”

“Why don’t you skip it?” Harry suggested. “Do the rest and then have Niall help you with it when he gets back. That way we don’t chance me giving you a wrong answer. As a senior don’t have to take math this year, so I’m probably rusty.”

The younger boy sighed, turning his head to kiss the alpha before he moved on from the problem so he could work on the others. When he had finished nearly all of them, he folded up his journal and carelessly pushed it and his math book off of the bed with a loud thud. Harry, who had apparently dozed off, startled from his snoozing and made a panicked grab for Louis.

“It was just me!” Louis laughed in surprise as he was suddenly squished to the chest of the larger boy. “I pushed my book off the bed. I didn’t mean to wake you.”

“Jesus,” Harry gave a breathy chuckle. “Nearly pissed myself. Lucky for you, I didn’t.”

“Ew,” Louis’ nose scrunched, and he pulled away from Harry so he could roll out from between the boy’s legs. “I’m not into that, sorry bub.”

Harry gave a bark of laughter, rolling after Louis so he could trap the smaller boy’s body beneath his larger one, “You’re something, you know that?”

“Something special?” Louis wiggled his eyebrows. “Special enough to make a big bad alpha like you take time out of his busy alpha schedule to spend time with the helpless omega that has to be escorted around like they’re in the witness protection program.”

Harry’s brow furrowed then, “Louis… you know that it’s just because I want to keep you-”

“Keep me safe,” Louis sighed heavily. “I know. You’ve been keeping me safe for two months now. Two months. That’s how long it’s been since the alpha meeting. They haven’t done anything, have they?”

“And they won’t,” Harry gently brushed hair from Louis’ forehead. “Because we’re not going to risk it.”

Louis examined the alpha for a few moments, trying to decide if it was worth arguing over, but instead he booped Harry’s nose and smiled, “You’re a worry wart, Styles.”

Harry dropped his full weight down onto Louis playfully, draping himself over of the boy, “I just like you a lot.”

Groaning, Louis pushed at Harry, trying to shove the large alpha off, “Hey you oaf! You’re squishing me! You’re going to crush my lungs!”

At that moment, there was a knock at the door before it was swinging open Niall and Zayn stood in the opening, and their eyes both widened as Harry and Louis looked to them. Zayn looked flustered, but Niall simply laughed, “You two decide to do the do finally?”

“No, Niall,” Harry rolled off of Louis with a scoff. “We’re not ‘doing the do’. Louis and I were just talking is all. Now, Louis needs your help with a calc problem.”

Louis sat up and scooted to the edge of the bed, pointing at his book on the floor for Niall to pick up. The blonde sighed but accommodated Louis’ wishes, and then winked at Zayn, who turned with a smile to head to his own room, before Niall opened the book to Louis’ homework and began helping the omega.