Chapter 3

Niall and Zayn acted differently around Louis for the rest of the week. Zayn would brush off his questions whenever he asked and Niall would look positively shattered for not being able to spill the beans.

“I’m Alpha locked into silence about it,” Niall muttered to Louis that Friday.  They were at lunch, eating. Niall had gotten two sandwiches and a couple of juices. Louis hated the amount of mayonnaise they put on his so he nibbled at the crust, making a face when the white stuff got on his bottom lip.

“Where’s Zayn?” Louis asked, peeling off the top of his sandwich and wiping it with a napkin.

“I’m not sure,” Niall mumbled, looking around the packed lunchroom. Little did the two know, Zayn was outside the school trying to hold a very angry Harry back.

“I’ve seen him, did you see what he was wearing?” Harry asked, trying to push past his Beta. He had saw the Omega, walking down the hallway into the lunch room but before Harry could take more than a step toward the juicy man Zayn was pulling him off school property.

“I seen what he was wearing, yes. Harry you need to calm down. If you were to charge into that school right now who knows what can happen. I’ve never gotten to break the question yet!” Zayn pushed on his Alphas chest, trying to get him to stop moving toward the school building.

“What question?” Harry asked, stopping for a moment, looking down at his Beta.

“I need to ask if he’s on suppressants. I need to ask if he’s a virgin. Things you need to know before you jump his fucking bones. I really need to know if he’s ready to be mated, I’ve been telling him all about you. Harry, you can’t handle yourself hear him, what if you mark him without his permission?” Zayn asked and Harry sighed, rubbing his hands over his face.

“He smells so fucking good, he’s pure Zayn. Can’t you tell?” Harry asked, thinking of the untainted sweetness he’s been inhaling all week long.

“No Harry, that’s only you,” Zayn muttered and Harry dropped down so he was sitting in the grass. “We also need to know if he’s willing to give himself up to a man, an Alpha, he doesn’t know. Harry, this is dangerous,” Zayn ran a hand through Harry’s hair making the Alpha sigh, pulling his knees to his chest.

“I can’t go back into that school now that I know what he looks like,” Harry told Zayn and the beta nodded. 

“He’s… he’s beautiful. If I get any closer I won’t be able to stop myself, I’ll have to have him.”

“Yeah, I understand. You’re coming Monday though, you have to learn to keep control of yourself.” Zayn sighed, looking down at the school building. He and Harry were at the top of a hill not to far from it.  

“When is he going to be at the house again?” Harry asked and Zayn shrugged.  

“Tomorrow,” Zayn told him, picking at his nails now.

“Oh, I wont be there,” Harry sighed looking at the thick woods behind them.

“I know, that’s why,” Zayn started making his way back to the school, lunch was going to end soon. “I’ll see you when I see you,” Zayn called back, when he turned to see if Harry had heard him, the man was gone.

*~*

“I so can’t keep this from you,” Louis gushed once he was inside Niall’s nice car, prepared for Niall to take him for another visit to the packhouse. He’d battled with himself practically all night, and had finally decided to just come out and tell Niall what he was. The irishman hummed and turned the music down, looking at Louis with an expectant face.