Year 3 part 2

News traveled quick, the two had kept it a secret until December rolled around again, all eyes had been on Newt and Anna as they descended the stairs, hands intertwined. Keeping it quiet had been difficult, sure, Anna and Newt had both written their parents, needless to say Newts parents approved, Annas were a bit skeptical but eventually the idea grew on them, asking if Newt would be joining them for a visit soon, the small bit of acceptance from her parents filled her with joy, perhaps they were finally accepting she was a witch.

"It's about time!" The two quickly jumped apart as the voice of Everett Froste reached their ears "We'd started a betting pool, y'see, the majority voted that it'd be our last year before the two of you got together."

"You were betting on this?!" Annas hair faded to a bright pink and newts face dusted with a similar color.

" 'Course, you two have basically been inseparable since last year."

"was it really that obvious." Sure, Newt had been sneaking glances at her during classes but he didn't think anyone would notice. Obviously, he had been wrong...so. very. wrong.

"Your subtlety is similar to that of an erumpent, Scamander." Everett clapped a hand on the boys shoulder "Besides, you got one of the prettier girls in our house, don't blow it." Anna only felt the heat in her cheeks increase at the compliment. Newt glanced back at her, he knew his housemate was right, Anna was pretty in an unusual way, and unusual things were certainly his forte.

"Yes, I suppose you're right..." Everett just shook his head "Newt, I'm going to head over to the owlery, I've got a letter home, see you in the great hall?"

"Of course." She smiled and hurried out the portrait, her hair fading back to brown as she went.

"So, you kissed her yet?" Newts face turned a brilliant shade of cherry at the other boys question.

--

"Mister Liverich...Mister locketon...Miss Limsey..." Professor Ustrina rattled off names of students, checking them off as she went down the row of first timers, today was their first trip to Hogsmeade, well...newt and Annas first trip, the actual first trip she had come down with a fever and Newt insisted on staying with her, despite her protests that he needed to go have fun.

"Into the carriage you go, it's just a short ride away." Anna knew from older students that walking would take about 30 minutes to an hour, depending on if you got lost or not.

"So, what are you most excited to see?"

"Well, I did hope to see Dogweed and Deathcap, see if I could find some potions ingredients, I'm running low on a few things. What about you?"

"Well, I had planned on visiting the three broomsticks, I've been rather curious about Butterbeer, and then maybe to Gladrags wizard wear, My shoes have seen better days." Two sets of eyes trailed down to her more than holey shoes.

"You'd think them saintly." Newt tilted his head at her comment "I'm sorry?"

"Saintly...because, y'know, they're holey." He snorted indignantly, a goofy smile plastering on his face "You're terrible at telling jokes, Anna."

"I've been told. but it got you to smile, didn't it?"

'So, have you kissed her yet?' Everett Froste's words echoed in his mind, they'd been a secret couple for two months now and he'd not kissed her, he felt something like that was best saved for something special, it was something to be remembered, not just something casual one did because they felt obligated. The rest of the ride was pleasantly silent until carriage stopped abruptly sending the brunette girl flying into Newts Lap...in a rather suggestive manner.