chapter 22

"Neddoo ready for second grade?" y/n smiled "that i am, but what i'm not ready for, is you falling all over that ass Nick" y/n rolled her eyes "whatever, at least i don't throw myself at him..ehm Tyler..and lets be completely honest here, every other girl in our grade" Ned laughed "come on, Mace is here to drop us off" he pointed at Macy's blue car "lets gooo"

"line up class, we have an assembly in the gym and i don't want anyone to get lost, and try to sit with someone you don't really know," Ned and y/n blocked her out. why sit with someone they don't know when they can easily sit together. Ned stood behind her as the teacher scanned the line, making sure everyone was there and the line was straight.

in front of y/n was,of course, Nick and his soccer friends. "whos the hottest girl in our class?" one of them had asked "hmm.. i think its Stacy" another had said, "nah i think its Laura, she's wow, have you seen her in gym?"

"no, guys come on, the answer is obvious" Nick had finally spoke, "its Jessica" y/n's heart stopped for a split second

"hey.." Ned mumbled, pushing her forward "lines moving y/n.. come on" she nodded and all emotions were drained from her face.

when school was over, she did her homework with then door locked and once done with that, she began to talk to herself..well not to herself really, to Ethan. assuming he was listening. he was always listening to her rambled on when he was alive and well.

"hey Eth.. i miss you. like a lot..uhm..i i got..heartbroken today? i guess. i mean the guy i like basically admit that he liked someone else."

she chucked,

"i mean it's not like he was mine to begin with but it still hurt. it hurt like uh..like uh.. like a bitch! yep. it hurt like a bitch, Jessica isn't even that pretty! she's a total diva too! one time she picked up an apple juice instead of a grape--i mean who the hell likes grape juice?! anyways, back to the point, she always gets what she wants
Jessica was the girl i told you about when we were young and i went to the junior ballet club then quit like 3 classes in, one of the reasons being her? yeah that Jessica. i'm gonna die without a partner"

she groaned then sat up "y/n! you have some friends over" mum called "coming!" she called back, before running down the stairs, a bit confused, Ned would always call before coming over "who is--oof"

"don't worry, happens all the time" the young girls mother said to the person standing by the door

"o-oh..um..h-hi, hi Nick" the young male smiled "hey y/n!..so we need another player and we saw your house was like right here, wanna play with us?" Nick asked, y/n's mum signaled for her to go with him, she thought having only Ned as a friend in the first grade, when you should be socializing, wasn't the best idea, of course she loved Ned, but still

"oh..uh ye-yeah, sure i'll come? let me just..put on my proper runners" Nick nodded and smiled politely at the girls mother

"okay, let's go" she opened the door, letting Nick leave first "have fun" her mom said, before shutting the door.

"so..do you play soccer or like..just for fun?" Nick asked as they made their way to the park "well i.. i used to play soccer and..and football with my older brother before he passed.." Nick nodded "cool so like just for fun?"

y/n also nodded "yeah..just for fun now"

y/n has never actually touched a soccer ball or football since Ethan, so she didn't know how this was going to play out. "alright, Miguel and myself are captains, Miggs, you pick first" Nick started as they got to the field.