Chapter 1

"Momma" the little 5 year old girl said from her car seat "yes y/n?" her mother smiled from the passenger seat "what are these numbers? And why does it keep going up and down??" Her mother smiled "that honey,is how much time you have until you meet your soul mate"
"whats a soul mate?" her curious eyes lit up at the word, even without the knowledge of what it was "its like a best friend but more" her father began "its your life long partner that you can always rely on"
"so it will take four,three, eight, zero days, 23 HRS and 39 SECS?"
"well as long as it keeps changing and that little circle turns green when it becomes zero. yes"
"what happens if it turns...ehm.. red?" she asked, as they stopped at a red light "well that means..you've lost your soulmate" she tilted her head to the left, in confusion "but how do i lose my soulmate if i never even found them?"
"that's not what i meant hun, i mean..uh..if they pass away" she gasped "what?!"
"don't worry y/n.. that's never happened to anyone. you'll meet them okay? and that little light will not turn red until after you meet up--and you will be together." the young girls mother glared at her father
"ar-are you s-sure mommy?" she frowned "of course baby"

--10 years later--

y/n sighed, looking down at her wrist. "two more years" she mumbled to herself
"just 2 more years" walking out of her room,ready for a horrible day of school "happy birthday!" her parents said from the dining table. they had a cupcake with pink frosting on it-- she hates pink but hey, it's the thought that counts, "thank you..but i gotta go, Ned's walking me today..there's uh..no..no mail right?" they shook their heads "sorry baby...here, make a wish. then we'll let you go" y/n sighed then made her way to the cupcake, closed her eyes then made a wish.
the wish wasn't to get into midtown high. no. it was to meet my soulmate. once she met him--or her. she'll be..complete. she had always felt as if something was missing. and that something was my soulmate.

"thank you again, i really have to go. i love you guys" i kissed them both "bye y/n! have a good day today!" y/n quickly ran out the door, greeted by the one and only.

Ned Leeds

"happy birthday to one of the biggest dork i know!" he said, handing her a box "one of them?" Ned chuckled "just open it" she smiled and began to rip the paper, she gasped "Ned! you didn't!"
"oh but i did!" she smiled widely and gave him a big hug "thank you thank you thank you!"
"i'm gonna be honest, my other best friend got this one by accident, he already got this one! i had to pay him 20 bucks for it" y/n smiled down at the iron man action figure "i love Tony Stark. he's..amazing"
"yeah, you and Peter both..anyways, did you get the letter?" instantly, a frown replaced her smile as she replied "nope"
"stop frowning! it's your birthday. i'm sorry i brought it up--besides! it's like the middle of the year you'll probably get it over the summer or something,just stay positive" y/n sighed, and decided to change the subject "so who's this other best friend you're cheating on me with?" he smiled,
"this is Peter Parker" and for some reason, y/n's heart had fluttered at his name..weird. "maybe he's.." no. no it can't be him. she'd have met him sooner than 2 years, if he's best friend with Ned,they'd probably meet this summer "if i didn't know you, he'd be the biggest Tony Stark/iron man fan. i know..well i mean you guys are like equal but...yeah. here. this is him" Ned showed y/n his phone "he's cute" she couldn't stop it, it just...slipped out Ned chuckled "i'll see you later"
"meeting at my house?"
"no. i'm picking you up from here! it's your birthday i'm not letting you walk home alone" she rolled my eyes "bye Ned"
"bye y/n! HAPPY BIRTHDAY"