Part 31- The Truth

Start from the beginning

It fell quiet. It seemed that he had collected his emotions half way and now he's brain dead.
You continued to stare at the ceiling. There was nothing you wanted to say. Your uncle killed your parents on a night you weren't home, leaving you as a second job where he then hired Sonic. You rested your hand over your mouth to catch a sob from slipping. If it wasn't for Sonic knowing between right and wrong, you'd be dead.

A lot must go into being an assassin which made you think about his parents. The first time you were at his house, he said his parents were visiting. They came around the same time you did.

"You've been protecting us since I came here, haven't you?" You choked a little trying to swallow the tightness in your throat.
It then skimmed your mind that Sonic could have just told you that your uncle was in this city when he figured out who you were. So many things could've happened. You could've hunted him down, ran away, or both.
But Sonic didn't tell you until it got bad.
Your thoughts all fuzzed up into a teary
"Thank you."

The raven was lost in thought. He had thrown himself into shock recalling his past, something he's desperately did his best to forget until now. Though you were angry about the dirty connected secret, you were also glad he didn't tell you.
While you were in City Z, you've met so many wonderful people who you learned to appreciate with their small mishaps. The memories you share with them are worth more than anything else. The tears are both sadness and joy.

Sonic soon snapped out of his thoughts with silent tears streaming down where his cheeks. You smiled at the happy thoughts than being at battle with the bad ones.

-

A week went by.

You returned to work after your called out day, lost on what to do next. The day you came to this city, you had no objectives. Nothing but living in the peaceful moment on your mind. But suddenly that was thrown further out of proportion than usual. Now you'll have to live in the moment by not dying.

"I want to find him."

Tatsumaki spit out her coffee and onto her documents. You've told her and her only what had happened between you and Sonic the week before, but only the carefully selected information. The last thing you wanted was to expose Sonic's personal life...and give Tatsu a cupid's brow. Though she was your best friend, you didn't tell her about the affection you've had for Sonic.

The baffled broccoli quickly picked up her papers in a hurry to save them while looking at you with wide eyes. "What on earth would you do that for?!"

You sighed then looked up. "I don't know yet. But I'm in no real rush so don't worry. I'll die if I let this continue..." You thought for a moment. "Sonic's parents are just as in danger as I am."

Tatsumaki didn't say anything but had her arms crossed, an green glow in her eyes.

"Do you think I'd let anything such as a mere dictator cross the river without drowning?" She began to get giggled mischievously thinking about how serious this is. You cracked a smile that disappeared within milliseconds.

If you did want to do anything, you needed a plan and a good one. Your thoughts and the way you feel also meed to be pieced together before you even think about disrupting this poisonous atmosphere.

That afternoon you went home to get ready for dinner at Tatsumaki's place with everyone. It's been a long time since you and everyone else have been together. Speaking of which, Sonic hasn't been around much either. He'd pop up to check on you honestly more than usual but that was all. Now that the secret was out, he hasn't been hesitant with certain things with you. He teased less and barely joked around anymore. His guard was up 100% like it was when you first met. He was broken.

It was six o'clock , time for you to leave for Tatsu's. It was chilly out but you had forgotten. When you opened the door you quickly realized you forgot your jacket and went to close it. It scared you to see a foot stop you from closing the door. You teleported a knife into your hand when Sonic walked through the door. He at first didn't notice it, but when he did he grew sullen.

"I wanted to walk with you to Tatsumaki's..." he trailed off watching you put your knife away. He was upset that you were now afraid and ready for anything to happen at any moment.
You went to your room to grab your jacket as planned then left. Sonic didn't comment on anything else and walked beside you. He walked very tensely but that didn't stop the equal pace.

It wasn't as cold as you that it would be so you ended up unzipping your coat a bit. A lot of children were out playing as well, enjoying their Saturday evening. When you looked over at Sonic, the usual stern expression was glued on. Wondering if there was anything you could do to set his mind at ease, you noticed he had switched hands carrying the bag to your side.

It didn't go unnoticed that you had slowed down significantly when walking. Sonic turned around to see you dart to his other side behind him. You popped up on his other side softly laughing while grabbing his hand.

It may have been for a second, but, you could have sworn the most gentlest smile glanced down at you.