14

"FUCK REMI-" Kristen shot a dodgeball back to the troublesome man, who was biting his tongue with a smile, "- THAT WAS MY FACE." Her nose was still red and slightly bloody.

"I noticed, chill babe." He provoked, weaving between her anger driven throws. He watched with slight regret as she wiped her upper lip, like it was simply a runny nose and nuisance. But his regret transformed quickly into fear as he watched Kristen take another dodgeball and engulf it in flames. He held his hands in front of him, like a white flag for surrendering.

"He-hey now. No need for violenc-AH SHIT!" He didn't get to finish his sentence before a fiery hell-ball was shot at him with surreal speed. Remington screamed like a little girl, face scrunching up in fear and his body becoming as small as possible to minimize damage. If he'd only open his eyes, he'd realize that the ball was just a mirage, a hologram of you will that dissolved into thin air the second it got within two feet of Remington.

Honestly, Kristen was a little insulted he would assume she could hurt him. Like she could hurt someone that made her as happy as he did. But she still had to take a step back, in all consideration she's only known the guy for four hours. Echoing in her head was a solid contradiction to her theory (of her being absolutely insane), some words of wisdom that Patty bestowed on her young mind, "No matter how things play out, the Lock and Key will always have a more... connected bond. Think like, a married couple."

He refused to elaborate. A married couple, like familiarity? A married couple, like romantically? Who knew, except Patty. Fucking Patty.

Emerson was laying half on a walkway, half on a trampoline, his face red as he basically stopped breathing from silent laughter. Sebastian was full on cackling, hands on his knees cackling. Kristen's giggles were bubbling out of her semi sealed mouth as she made her way over to Remington. She put her hands on his raised arms and pulled them down, his scrunched up face relaxing as he sees there's no immediate danger. Just Kristen's smiling face and lime green eyes. How could someone's eyes be so green? Maybe it's the lighting.

"You have a bit of..." he hesitantly reaches towards her face, and she let him, watching him with wide eyes as he tenderly wipes her upper lip with his index finger. "Dried.. blood." He finished softly, arms dripping limply to his sides. She cleared her throat, breaking eye contact to look at her shoes.
"I'll just... go clean up real quick." And she scurried off.

Remington watched her go, jumping a little when Sebastian cleated his throat.
"Hey little bro. Just a quick note: if you don't want them to know you like them, then don't act like you like them." He leaned on his younger brothers shoulder, poking his cheek. Remington shrugged him off, scoffing.
"I don't like her. I don't even know her. She just has... pretty eyes."
"Mm-mm oh no. Stop it. You can't like her. She's bad news, Rem." Sebastian shook his head, looking to Emerson for back up.

"I don't know Seb. You can't really... deny him someone, or love." Emerson spoke from his spot on the floor.
"Woa. Woa! Who said anything about love?! Can't we just focus on enjoying today?" Remington interrupted.
"Yeah, not really gonna happen guys...." Kristen interrupted, walking back to the group with barely any enthusiasm.
"What? What happened?" Emerson stood up, reading Kristen's body language. Nothing good could have happened.

"Well.... problem is, this area is kind of in its own time line... so basically you guys have been here for about three days...?" Kristen stuck her hands in her pockets, pushing her shoulders into her body and retreating from the group of stunned men. "Don't kill me."