Chapter 36: Feelings

Začít od začátku

I looked at his determined look.

"Fine. Please don't hurt her. I might have to hunt you down and kill you otherwise." I said and he smiled at me.

"I won't hurt her. I promise." He told me and I sighed, a small smile playing on my lips. I did want my mum to be happy and find love again. It's such an amazing feeling after all.

"So now, tell me about Levi." I urged him and he grimaced.

"Well, it's kinda sad and pitiful. I always saw his mother beating him from the window of my room. Levi never cried no matter how much she hit him. I reported his mother to the police but Levi denied her beating him. I realized he wanted to stay with his only family. Shortly afterwards, Levi started looking for work. Osher asked him to help in his garage. I actually followed Levi into the gang." He told me. His eyes looked cold as he continued.

"His mother was the most horrible woman I've ever seen. Beautiful on the outside but bitter and disgusting inside. She treated Levi like her servant and toy to be beaten whenever she disliked something. Her heinous actions went to the level that she marred his skin with disgusting names written from a glass shard. I was the one who cared for him that time and took him to hospital to take out the glass lodged inside his skin. When the scars settled, I offered to cover it all up in tattoos. He never wanted all those tattoos but it would have been worse without them." Richie said to the look of shock on my face.

"That time, his mother was taken to jail and Levi was sent to live with his aunt. I don't know what happened there but he contacted me sometime later, saying he needed a place to stay. He actually came back to his mother again. But then she had a pile of debt accumulated and she was drinking like crazy. Levi wanted to send her to a rehabilitation centre. For the first time, he asked Osher to train him to fight. That's how he started fighting in competitions. But the money wasn't enough. So he took more risks. He helped in smuggling a rare piece of art from one of the biggest museums and he succeeded. Levi gave all the money to his mother but that bitch called the police and got him arrested. If he had spoken where the money was to the police, his mother would also be in jail but he didn't. Levi agreed to be silent on the condition that she rehabilitated herself and start a new life. So she went to a rehabilitation centre and somehow managed to catch one of the biggest businessmen in the town. When Levi came out of Juvie, she was pregnant with the other guy's child. I knew she forced him to behave like he was her nephew. Levi was very secretive about what was going on but soon enough, he was thrown out of his house. Guessing from the way he is so determined to earn money, he is again doing it for that bitch. I don't know. I really hate that woman." Richie said in annoyance.

I just looked at all he said in shock.

"I told you everything I know about Levi because I believe you love him. It might be best not to press him about his past. It wasn't pretty. Levi is like a son to me. So, please don't hurt him. If you love him, I wish you would tell him that because he deserves happiness." Richie told me.

Just then I saw my mum calling out to Richie. With a wide grin, he walked over. I stared at Levi, who was still surrounded by the girls. Only Danny stayed away from him. My eyes met hers and she looked away. I wonder why she was so mad at me. Was she still not able to forgive me for telling the truth?

Just then, I saw Allen coming over to me.

"Hey, let's get the cookies. It's eating time." He told me. I saw Katrina also coming with him to get the cookies she baked for Levi. I walked with them uncomfortably into our house. The cookies she got looked really good. But the ones I baked looked burnt and odd. I saw Levi coming over and I resisted the urge to quickly throw away what I had baked.