chapter twelve

r e c o r d s h o p

L U K E

Luke woke up the next morning with a kink in his neck and a sore back. His neck was at a weird angle, and his body was slightly contorted because the couch wasn't long enough to support his over-six-foot figure.

He noticed that his apartment was quiet, meaning Hummingbird had either left without a goodbye or simply hadn't woken up yet.

He silently hoped for the latter as he stood up and stretched.

He made a hissing sound of pain as he did so, and brought his hand up to hold his neck.

Sighing slightly, he made his way to the bathroom to was his face and brush his teeth. He hated not feeling like he was clean, and he always felt that way after he woke up. Running his hand through his hair a couple times, he sighed again. His arm was starting to get tired as he strained to try and make his hair look a little bit nicer.

He checked the clock on the wall, seeing that it was past ten in the morning. He slept in a lot compared to when he usually woke up. He knew that Hummingbird would end up not being able to sleep at night if she wasn't woken soon.

So, he made his way to his bedroom to wake her.

He smiled when he saw how cute she looked. Her head was resting on his pillow, and her one arm was under it as the other was near her face. She had one leg presumably straight under the blanket, and her other was sticking out as it was brought up to a right angle.

He wanted to just let her sleep in more, but he knew it wasn't the best idea, so he reluctantly went over to her and sat down on the bed beside her.

He began to shake her shoulder slightly, but it didn't seem to work.

"Baby? I think you should wake up now," he moved his face closer to hers as she talked. Moving down so that he was almost laying next her, only a few feet away, he looked at her for a moment, smiling. She was so adorable.

Her mouth was parted the slightest amount, and small breaths came out in quiet puffs. Her relaxed face made her look worry free, and the only things that suggested other wise were the bruises and cuts she wore. Even though they were ugly, not-so-little things, she still looked like the most beautiful girl Luke had ever seen.

"Baby, wake up, it's almost eleven, and I don't want you to sleep the day away. I know you don't want to either."

"Luke," she mumbled, and he smiled.

"Yes, princess?"

"No."

He erupted with laughter, that subsided with a large, toothy grin.

"You've got to wake-" he began, but he was cut off when the girl lifted her arm and pulled him close to her, lifting her angled leg and resting it on his lower back.

"Shh, cuddle."

He sighed, but he had a small smile on his face.

"Only for a little bit. Ten minutes, okay?"

She mumbled something inaudible.

They ended up laying like that until one in the afternoon.

they're so cute I'm crying, awh.

I'm sorry that I haven't even active recently but I'm having health troubles and I have sooo much school work.

but it's the weekend soon so I promise I'll be updating more!

(oh no I just realized that I forgot the question for this chapter so I came back to put it in. haha sorry guys!)

the question of this chapter is:
do you have any pets? if so, what are they? if not, would you like any?

thank you for reading!

love you guys!

-a <3