6 • Friends. Just Friends

It's Saturday morning. I was in my pajamas, brushing my teeth when the doorbell rings. I figured it was my mom who forgot her keys again.

I rinse my mouth out and go down stairs to answer the door. I open it and behind it is Justin. He smiles. "Good morning."

"Good morning, Justin. What brings you here?" I ask. I'm in a tank top, no bra, shorts and my hair is in a messy bun. He doesn't need to see me like this. He smirks, "I'm taking you to breakfast." I smile, "Oh Justin, you don't need to do that."

"But I want to. Please come." He says. I bit my lip. "Seriously?" I ask. "Yes now please come," He begs. "Is this like... a date?" I ask. He blushes, "I'm just joking Justin." He nods. "You can wait inside." I open the door for him and he takes a seat on the couch as I head upstairs to get ready.

Justin's POV

I'm so happy Ariana said yes. I thought that she might be hesitant to be around me after she broke up with Zayn, but she isn't.

It's probably noticeable but I have a huge crush on her. She's so beautiful. Of course she just got out of a relationship so I'm not going to pressure her into anything.

I don't know if she feels the same way I do, but I most definitely do think there's something between us. Or perhaps I'm just being friend zoned.

Before I know it I see Ariana come back down stairs and she looked amazing.

Her legs

Her legs...looked gorgeous. So slim and tan. She grabs her purse, "Are you ready to go?" She asks. I nod and we leave her house. She gets in the passenger seat and I drive us to the diner.

I park the car and get out to open her car door. "Oh Justin," she giggles, "I'm not completely useless."
"Don't worry, it's just a gesture."

We walk inside and we are quickly taken to a booth.
I look at Ariana as she looks through the menu. "Why are you doing this Justin?"

Because I like you.

"Just felt like it. I have fun when I'm with you."

She blushes. "I have fun with you too Justin. You make me happy."

Before I can answer that the waiter comes over to our table. "Hi! How may I help this lovely couple this morning?"

I see Ariana's eyes got wide and I clear my throat. "Just friends... we're just friends."

"Oh. My bad." The waiter says.

I order eggs, bacon and waffles and hot chocolate, while Ariana orders protein bowl with some orange juice and water.

"Fudge," I hear Ariana whine. "Huh?" I ask. She's on her phone, roughly texting. "I... didn't tell my mom I was going to breakfast so she's freaking out."
"Oh."

"She's so annoying sometimes. She won't stop asking about why Zayn and I broke up. I don't really wanna tell her..."
I clear my throat. "What did you say?"
"I just told her that I have my own reasons." I nod.
"She doesn't need to know what happened that night. I kinda just wanna let it go but she won't stop bringing it up. But it's only because she liked him so much."