chapter thirty nine

Third person P.O.V

As (name) ultimately cast Tsukuyomi on all who had met eye contact with her, those under it were now screaming and moaning in pain, while the very few who hadn't looked her in the eye back away, wildly confused as to what was going on, Sensō being one of those few.

The remaining sane shinobi scattered, leaving Sensō dazed as he looked upon those around him. Some were cowering on their feet; others had already fallen to the ground, screaming things he could not understand. There wasn't much he was sure of; the only thing he knew was that the Hayate heiress was definitely the cause of all this uproar.

Not even her two male comrades had been spared; the elder Uchiha had shrivelled up onto the ground, clutching his head in his hands and rocking back and forth while repeatedly muttering something under his breath. The younger one wasn't as graceful as his older brother, however. He was on his knees, pulling at his hair while tears furiously streamed down his face, screaming the heiress' name over and over again.

"YOU!"

Sensō barely had time to react as she swooped on him, her hands instinctively clawing at his face.

"YOU KILLED MY FAMILY!" she screamed as she fell upon the weakened man, punctuating every word with a blow. He had nothing to say, and if he did, he couldn't have said it anyway.

"GIVE ME BACK MY MOTHER'S EYE!"

Sensō had no time to react as (name)'s fingernails dug into his face, and the loud scream of pain that followed was loud enough to cover the sound of an eye being ripped from its socket, with all its cartilage and flesh torn while blood dripped from his now empty socket.

The Hayate heiress had finally gone crazy.

Normal P.O.V

As you clutch your mother's eye in your hand, you laugh as you watch Sensō fall to the ground, clutching his face in pain. The Kotoamatsukami is released, and as the storm begins to give way, you hear the sounds of new people approaching.

"(NAME)-CHAN?!"

Extra chakra is still pounding through your veins, to the point where you feel like you're about to explode. With a sensation of completion, you turn around and see Miyako running towards you with three others in tow. Wind is still whipping around, making it almost impossible for them to get within even a meter of you. Shock is registered on their faces as they see you standing upright in the center of a group of shinobi, either dead, dying or writhing in pain, Sasuke and Itachi included.

"GO AWAY!" you yell at them, your Tsukuyomi still activated. Even though you're crazed, you have no intentions of hurting Miyako or her cohorts.

"(NAME)-CHAN!" You recognise the voice as Sayako's, and a little bit of humanity returns to you. Enough to release those suffering from your Tsukuyomi, but not enough to ease the storm at hand. Lightning cracks through the dark sky as rain begins to fall, lightly drenching those exposed.

You're so busy watching in amusement as Miyako and her group struggle to approach you that you fail to recognise Sasuke straggling to his feet and trying to do the same thing. When he does what the others fail to do, you notice too late as he grabs you by the shoulders and sinks his teeth into your neck.

You let out a bloodcurdling scream and try to push him away, but as soon as he begins sucking your skin, you feel your energy leave your body in an instant, and get weak in the knees. The storm ceases, taking the rain and clouds away with it. However, there's no changing the fact that bodies are scattered all over the ground, many of them psychologically scarred from your Tsukuyomi, rendering them useless and unable to function independently at all.

The high you felt before vanishes; you clutch at Sasuke with your free hand to try and remain standing, but fail. Everything goes dark and the earth seems to swallow you whole as you reach a low you'd never experienced in your entire life.