chapter thirty

Third Person P.O.V

"Lord Sensō, we've received word from Toru and Takeo that the Princess is on her way to the building with her escorts!"

Sensō sat in his throne like revolving seat, smirking at the news. His eyes were closed, as he leaned on his elbows on the top of his desk.

"Princess (name)," he murmured, imagining what the Princess looked like now. Had she grown much? Quite possibly, yes. Had she gotten stronger? Why, it was in the Hayate nature to grow.

"How foolish of you to allow the girl to return, Hiruzen," said Sensō to no one in particular. The messenger who stood before him, however, did not make much of it, and instead waited for any further instructions.

"You may go now, Ryuzaki," said Sensō, waving his kōhai away. "I'll see to it myself that the Princess is given a warm welcome indeed."

Ryuzaki exited the room, shutting the thick door behind him. Sensō opened his eyes, revealing eyes similar to that of Princess (name) herself.

One was grey.

The other, amethyst.

Normal P.O.V

"What are we gonna do here?" you ask as you make your way up the stairs to the gleaming white bulding with Itachi. Sasuke lags behind the two of you, hands in his pockets.

"Well, talk to the elders, I guess," shrugs Itachi as your group approach the thick glass doors. They slide open as soon as you're within ten feet of them, much to your surprise.

"Automatic doors?"

"I told you they were high tech. Come on, we have to be up at the seventh floor."

After taking an elevator to the topmost floor, as soon as you step out of it you're greeted by a young woman who looks like she's about Itachi's age, with her dirty blonde hair cropped short in a bob and dressed in a very formal business like attire.

"Ah! Welcome!" she chirps, making her way to you while her shiny black heels click against the linoleum floor. "I take it you're the Uchiha representatives?"

"Um, yeah?" you say, scratching the back of your head. Representatives?

"Visitors," says Itachi, cutting you off from completing your sentence. She nods, and turns around, beckoning for you to follow her.

"Right this way, then! The village council room is just down here!"

She leads you to what seems to be the very end of the hallway, where you face a rather large ornately carved oak door. The woman pushes the door open and pushes you in rather roughly.

You stumble through, followed by Itachi and Sasuke, and the door closes behind you. You're now in a room similar to that of the meeting room back in Konoha, except this one is more modern, with more suave furniture and air conditioning. Before you is a long table seating around seven people: three men on the left side, three women on the right, and a man sitting right at the head of them all. All wear the same flowing, white robes and large, triangular hats similar to those of the Kage hats, with the exception that they're pure white and bear no markings whatsoever.

There's silence as you stare at them, until the man at the head finally looks up. You can't see his face much, as it's obscured by the oversized hat. You can tell that he's young though: he can't be that much older than Itachi. Mid twenties? Yeah, about mid twenties.

"Welcome!" His voice booms through the room as the six other council members sit in their seats, stoic and emotionless as their eyes set on you. You subconsciously nudge over to Itachi, wanting to hide behind him.

"I take it you're here to speak on behalf of the Princess?"

You frown and look at Itachi at the head's words. More Princess talk?

The three female members get to their feet and file one by one to the door behind you, blocking your way out. You, Itachi and Sasuke remain calm, however.

"We want her reinstated as the daimyō of this Land," announces Itachi loudly. "It was a decision made by the council of the Hidden Leaf Village themselves that this would be of the best interest for everyone involved."

You and Sasuke tense as the man at the head of the table smirks.

"Well, I'm sorry, but this land doesn't have a daimyō," he says, slowly getting to his feet. You hear the women behind you drop their elaborate robes and hats, and turn around to see them dressed in the exact same gear as the nut heads who'd attacked you on the way to the village: Storm headband, sleeveless singlet under a flak jacket and navy blue trousers.

At the sound of more robes dropping, you turn and see that the men still at the table have stood and removed their outer garments, revealing the same uniform as the women.

"What is this?" you exclaim, backing into Itachi. The man at the head of the table laughs and finally removes his robes and hat, revealing the same clothing as his comrades.

As you see his face, you gape at his eyes.

"Something I like to call REVENGE!"

You're locked in his gaze when suddenly, everything becomes a blur and you fall to your knees.

"(NAME)!"