prologue

"WAIT,PLEASE! Please, you've got to help me!"

It was a raining winter night, and the gates to the Hidden Leaf Village were just about to close as you stumbled towards them, the tears that streamed down your face mixing with the cold rain.

"Izumo! Look, over there!" The gates stopped closing and a man with spiky black hair with a bandage across his face ran out to meet you. You ran as quickly as you could towards him, your hand clutching your recently operated on right eye. As soon as he was within arms reach, the man swept you into his arms, and turned back to the village. By now, darkness had fallen, and your little body was weary from your travels. You still couldn't believed what had happened, what you had done, and thought everything was a mistake, that something had gone wrong and made it seem as if you were the bad guy-

As soon as the man was through the gates, he rushed you to a little stall on the side, sheltering you from the rain. A man who must've been his comrade finished closing up the gates, and ran to join you two.

"Who are you!? How old are you?! Where did you come from?!" exclaimed the spiky haired man. His comrade, a man with his headband worn like a bandana, frowned as he examined you. You were battered and bruised, your skin cut and scraped on nearly every visible surface. Your (favourite colour) yukata was torn at the hem, the ends of your sleeves frayed. Your feet were bare, and obviously very cut up after miles and miles of travelling from your distant home. You'd heard your parents and older siblings talk about the Hidden Leaf Village several times, and since you were desperate, decided to make your way here.

"My name is... (name)..." you muttered under your breath. "I'm... seven... and..."

The journey had finally begun to catch up to you, and you felt as if you were on the verge of passing out. You let go of your eye, and the bandages that once covered it fell off, revealing a gleaming, dark amethyst iris, which contrasted greatly with your left (eye colour) eye. The two men gasped and exchanged looks.

"You take her to the hospital, and I'll get the Hokage!"

"Right!"