Chapter 1: The Hero's Downfall

Chapter 1: The Beginning

The tree's sang a happy tune while dancing in the wind carrying many happy animals. The joyful tune was just one of the many things that was making all of Camp Half-Blood smile.

It had been a year since the Giant War ended and there had been no new threats through all of the Greek/Roman world. The campers were still training every day in case something or someone came, but that didn't stop the laughter that filled the air from the Seven of the Great Prophecy.

The remaining seven along with Reyna Ramirez-Arellano and Nico di Angelo were all given partial immortality for their efforts in the war when they returned home. They all accepted without complaint (with the exception of a certain son of Poseidon) and were all given one wish.

Jason Grace wished to remain praetor of New Rome, but to be left alone until he was needed for another War.

Piper McLean wished to also be left alone until she was needed, but also to tell her father about the Greek/Roman world.

Frank Zhang wished for his life to not be bonded to a stick and that Neptune to no longer despise the Romans.

Hazel Levesque wished to train with her father and travel the world with Frank.

Annabeth Chase wished to remain the architect of Olympus and to stay a leader of the camp and help train future generations.

Leo Valdez had returned only a few weeks later with a smiling Calypso on his arm. Leo accepted partial immortality and wished for Calypso to stay free and allow them both peace until they were needed.

Percy Jackson wished for all gods to get the recognition they deserved by having a cabin for their children—whether they had any or not—to show that they all mattered. He also wished for there to be a portal from Camp Half-Blood to Camp Jupiter to keep the two groups as allies. The last thing he asked for was for the two eldest children of Kronos to have thrones on the council.

To say the god of death and goddess of the hearth were happily shocked would be the understatement of the decade.

Now, one year later, all the heroes were living happy lives. Everyone was happy and everything was peaceful.

At least that's what everyone thought.

That brings us to the beginning of this story. The story where the greatest demigod to ever live walked past Thalia's Tree into Camp Half-Blood after being gone for a month and a half. You see he was earning the right to marry the favorite daughter of Athena. To do so, he had to defeat Laden and return from the Garden of the Hesperides with one Golden Apple.

The young Demigod had been training his body for something like this for a long time but it took over a month to truly be ready for the quest to earn Athena's blessing.

It took hours to defeat him, but the young hero did the impossible, returning to Olympus to give the grey-eyed brains his pay.

The son of Poseidon had a pep in his step and was wearing the brightest smile anyone had ever seen him wear. After the war, many thought the young hero would go crazy or break from what he had seen, but were proved wrong by his determination. It helped to have the daughter of Athena as his support and his tie to the mortal world—even if he didn't have the Curse of Achilles.

As the hero passed by the new campers, they all looked at him in awe of what he had done for them and in thanks for helping their godly parent become recognized.

The son of the sea waved as he passed his friends while he kept messing with the black velvet box in his right jean pocket as he went looking for his grey eyed beauty.